James Richard Lake
April 25, 1937 – February 10, 2020
James R. "Jim" Lake 82, of Keene, NH, passed away at his home in Keene surrounded in the love of his family, on Monday, February 10, 2020, following a long, courageous battle with cancer.
His parents, Ralph R and Edna L (Faulkner) Lake welcomed their son into the world on April 25 1937 in Houlton, Maine. His family moved to Keene when Jim was five years old. He was a 1956 graduate of Keene High School.
For over 33 years, Jim owned and operated S&J Auto Parts Store in Keene until he sold the business to his son, Randy, in 1995.
Jim had a special skill with his hands and mind, working countless hours as a skilled woodworker, and also taking care of his yard, both of which, he had immense pride in these accomplishments.
When not hard at work, Jim enjoyed golfing and playing bocce; barbequing; and watching football and NASCAR. He was an avid Red Sox fan. He also enjoyed traveling both here in the states and abroad. He found great pleasure in walking around Perkins Cove and the Marginal Way.
Jim was a member of the former Loyal Order of Moose Lodge 478 and a current member of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks Lodge 927 and the Independent Order of Odd Fellows in Marlow, NH.
Jim is survived by his wife of 61 years, Jean (Gorges) Lake of Keene; his three children, Randy Lake and his wife, Barbara, Rhonda Lake and her husband, Marc Ducharme, and Jennifer Rivera and her husband, Eli, all of Keene; his grandchildren, Matthew Lake and his wife, Melissa, Bryan Lake, Casey Rivera, Ryan Rivera, Dayna Rivera, Marlee Glover, Phillip Glover and his wife, Dianne, Bato Jovic, Seka Harrell, Ryan Ducharme and his wife, Nicole, Matt Ducharme and his wife, Sara, Cory Ducharme and his wife, Brittany, Katie Day and her husband, Jeff; and many great-grandchildren. Jim is also survived by a brother, Raymond Lake and his wife, Therese, of Epping, NH; his sisters, Sharon Patria and her husband, Robert of Keene, Nancy Dubois and her husband, Ovid, of Westmoreland, NH; a brother-in-law, Richard Gorges and his partner, Shirley Lambert of Florida; two sisters-in-law, Delores Lake of Keene, Maryjane Burns of Keene; and several nieces, nephews and cousins. Jim was predeceased by a son, David A. Lake in 1959, and a brother, Ronald Lake.
Jim will also be missed by his many friends he made within the community through his years of operating S&J Auto.
A memorial service and celebration of his life will be held on Saturday, February 22, 2020 at 11:00am in the United Church of Christ, 23 Central Square, Keene.
In lieu of flowers, for those who wish, donations may be made in Mr. Lake’s memory to Joy’s Network, 463 Washington Street, Keene, NH 03431; or to Norris Cotton Cancer Center at Kingsbury Pavilion, 580 Court Street, Keene, NH 03431.
- Jean (Gorges) Lake, Wife
- Randy Lake and wife, Barbara, Son
- Rhonda Lake and husband, Marc Ducharme, Daughter
- Jennifer Rivera and husband, Eli, Daughter
- Matthew Lake and wife, Melissa, Grandson
- Bryan Lake, Grandson
- Casey Rivera, Grandson
- Ryan Rivera, Grandson
- Dayna Rivera, Granddaughter
- Marlee Glover, Granddaughter
- Phillip Glover and wife, Dianne, Grandson
- Bato Jovic, Grandchild
- Seka Harrell, Grandchild
- Ryan Ducharme and his wife, Nicole, Grandson
- Matt Ducharme and wife, Sara, Grandson
- Cory Ducharme and his wife, Brittany, Grandson
- Katie Day and husband, Jeff, Granddaughter
- Rymond Lake and wife, Therese, Brother
- Sharon Patria and husband, Robert, Sister
- Nancy Dubois and husband, Ovid, Sister
- Richard Gorges and partner, Shirley Lambert, Brother-in-law
- Delores Lake, Sister-in-law
- Maryjane Burns, Sister-in-law
- David Lake, Son (deceased)
- Ronald Lake, Brother (deceased)
- Edna L. (Faulkner) Lake, Mother (deceased)
- Ralph R. Lake, Father (deceased)
- Jim is also survived by many great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews. He is also survived by his many friends he made within the community through his years of operating S&J Auto.
- Memorial and Celebration of Life Service Saturday, February 22, 2020
James Richard Lake
February 25, 2020
To Jeanne and all of our Beautiful family,
Caleb and I are so so sad to here of Jimmy's passing ! He fought a great fight , He was a Wonderful man and Loved by all who knew him! He will be sorely missed. Loved him dearly! RIP CUZ .Till we meet again. 💙
( I posted a Memorial ," much earlier, so I thought!" ) 🙏💙🌷🙏
February 14, 2020
I am deeply saddened by the loss that your family has encountered. My most sincere condolences.
Mary Jane Burns
February 14, 2020
Jimmie was a very special brother-in-law. His life portrayed love and kindness and he was so giving to everyone -- may his soul rest in peace and his memory be eternal.
February 13, 2020
randy and family
so sorry for your loss.
he always had a smile and love to joke with everyone.
he was a very special man and always willing to help
anyway he could.
he will be missed.
February 12, 2020
To the family of Jim, my condolences for your loss, Jim was a classmate of mine, and a good friend. He was a kind person who loved life.
Doug Dicey, Keene High School Class of 1956
FROM THE FAMILY
FROM THE FAMILY
IN THE CARE OF