Ricky Dale Tharp
December 30, 1966 – October 7, 2019
RICKY DALE THARP
Ricky was born on December 30, 1966 in Terrell, Texas to parents Michael Edgar Tharp and Norma (Cox)Tharp and entered into eternal rest on October 7, 2019 at the age of 52. Ricky graduated from Kaufman High School, where he played football. He was a character - stubborn, hard-headed and a big teddy bear - who his family loved dearly. Ricky loved his children, grandchildren and his dogs Lobo and Princess. He also loved the Steelers, sports, fishing, John Wayne, the Beatles, playing his bass guitar and riding on his Harley motorcycle, which was on his bucket list. Ricky was a member of the Church of Christ.
Ricky was preceded in death by his grandmother Maureen Cox; grandmother Blanche Tharp; grandfather Ed Tharp; brother Michael Ray Tharp and grandson Adrian Anderson.
He is survived by his mother Norma Tharp of Kemp, Texas; father Michael Tharp of Kemp, Texas; daughter Felicia Tharp of Kaufman, Texas; son Ricky Tharp, Jr. and Sarah of Dallas, Texas; grandson Tristan Anderson; granddaughter Erica Wren; granddaughter Grace (on the way); sister Michelle McKinney and Luke of Gun Barrel City, Texas; numerous beloved nieces, nephews, extended family members and many friends.
- Maureen Cox, Grandmother (deceased)
- Blanche Tharp, Grandmother (deceased)
- Ed Tharp, Grandfather (deceased)
- Michael Ray Tharp, Brother (deceased)
- Adrian Anderson, Grandson (deceased)
- Norma and Michael Tharp, Mother and Father
- Felicia Tharp, Daughter
- Ricky Tharp Jr. and Sarah, Son and Spouse
- Tristan Anderson, Grandson
- Erica Wren, Granddaughter
- Grace (on the way), Granddaughter
- Michelle McKinney and Luke, Sister and Spouse
- Ricky also leaves numerous beloved nieces, nephews, extended family members and many friends to cherish his memory
- Mitch Cline, Pallbearer
- Wes Cox, Pallbearer
- Kenny Collard, Pallbearer
- Jeremy Smith, Pallbearer
- Bubba Fortner, Pallbearer
- Shane Fortner, Pallbearer
- Kevin Smith, Pallbearer
- Mark Cline, Pallbearer
- Visitation Wednesday, October 9, 2019
- Funeral Service Thursday, October 10, 2019
- Graveside Service
Ricky Dale Tharp
October 9, 2019
You will be missed terribly. Your smile your laugh hugs etc . You have a heart as big as Texas. I was lucky to have known you and wish that many years weren’t lost. Fly high my friend in paradise without pain or anguish. Save a spot for the rest of us!