William Edgar Collett Jr.
November 13, 1926 – February 3, 2019
William “Bill” Edgar Collett Jr., age 92, of Calhoun, Georgia, passed away on February 3, 2019. Bill was born on November 13, 1926 in Canton, Georgia, to William Sr. and Laura Collett. Early in life, at the age of twenty-three, Bill met Nell and knew she was the one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. Six weeks after they met, on May 11, 1949, they became husband and wife. They spent the next seventy years together before his passing. In his late teen years through his mid-twenties, Bill served as a navigator in our Army Air Corp. and then transitioned into the Air Force. He served in World War II war as well as the Korean War. Bill was always an excellent provider for his family. He had great work ethics and put his heart into every job he did. It wasn’t uncommon for him to have multiple jobs at one time. He was very caring and showed this trait to everyone and anyone who needed help. Gardening may have been a strenuous hobby, however, it was one that he thoroughly enjoyed. Many times he would also have his children help with gardening and this was also quality time spent together. From his garden, he would harvest many vegetables and take them to the local farmer’s market to sell. He will be remembered for his caring nature and his warm heart. A funeral service to honor Bill will be held on Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 2:00p.m. in the chapel of Georgia Memorial Park Funeral Home, 2000 S. Cobb Pkwy, Marietta, Ga 30060. The family will receive friends for visitation one hour prior to the service. Winkenhofer Pine Ridge Funeral Home has charge of these arrangements.
- William Edgar Collett Sr., Father
- Laura Collett, Mother
- Sara "Nell" Collett, Wife
- Billy (Diana) Collett, Son
- Bobby (Lori) Collett, Son
- Sara (David) Dickerson, Daughter
- Mr. Collett also leaves ten grandchildren and twelve great-grandchildren to cherish his memory.
- James Williams, Active Pallbearer
- Tony Collett, Active Pallbearer
- Ben Collett, Active Pallbearer
- Scott Collett, Active Pallbearer
- Brian Collett, Active Pallbearer
- Carson Collett, Active Pallbearer
- Shawn Sparks, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Wednesday, February 6, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, February 6, 2019