Diana Kay Fiehtner
July 7, 1948 – July 31, 2019
Diana Kay Fiehtner, 71, of Kimball, died at her home in Kimball on Wednesday, July 31, 2019. Memorial services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Monday, August 5, 2019 at the Cantrell Funeral Home in Kimball with family friend Darrell Howitt conducting the service. Inurnment will be held in Kansas at a later date. Friends may visit www.cantrellfh.com to view Diane’s Tribute Wall and leave condolences and stories for the family. Memorials may be given in lieu of flowers to the family. The services have been entrusted to the Cantrell Funeral Home.
Diana Kay Fiehtner was born in Cheyenne, Wyoming on July 7, 1948, the daughter of Clifford and Alevena (Hale) Goodwine. She was raised and attended school in Grover, Colorado and graduated in 1966. Diana was married to Kenneth Fiehtner on January 15, 1966 in Idaho Springs, Colorado. She worked at George Risk Industries for over 40 years. Diana enjoyed and supported all of her children’s and grandchildren’s sporting events while they were in school. She loved spending time with her grandchildren, watching Nebraska Football and traveling with her daughter and granddaughters.
Survivors include her children Jody Fiehtner, Jeff (Deb) Fiehtner and John (Joelle) Fiehtner all of Kimball, Nebraska; grandchildren Mikayla, Jannel, Jewel, Kylie, Dominic, Kyle, Kassey, Thomas, Stef and Taylor; great grandchildren Luke, Olivia, Knox and Mason; brothers Dennis Goodwine, Stan (Pam) Goodwine; sister Violet Goodwine; sister-in-laws Eulala Mitchell, Cathy Fiehtner; brother-in-law Loren (Judy) Fiehtner; numerous nieces and nephews and a host of other family and friends. She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, brothers and sisters-in-law Clifford (Myrna) Goodwine and Michael (Patty) Goodwine; father and mother-in-law Carlton and Ardys Fiehtner and brother-in-law Raymond Fiehtner.
- Jody Fiehtner, Daughter
- Jeff (Deb) Fiehtner, Son
- John (Joelle) Fiehtner, Son
- Grandchildren Mikayla, Jannel, Jewel, Kylie, Dominic, Kyle, Kassey, Thomas, Stef and Taylor; great grandchildren Luke, Olivia, Knox and Mason; brothers Dennis Goodwine, Stan (pam) Goodwine; sister Violet Goodwine; sister-in-laws Eulala Mitchell, Cathy Fiehtner; brother-in-laws Loren (Judy) Fiehtner; numerous nieces and nephews and a host of other family and friends.
- Robin Sherman, Honorary Pallbearer
- Toni Belgum, Honorary Pallbearer
- Phyllis Salazar, Honorary Pallbearer
- Terry Appleby, Honorary Pallbearer
- Kathy Kracht, Honorary Pallbearer
- Celebration of Life Monday, August 5, 2019
Diana Kay Fiehtner
August 5, 2019
So sorry to hear this kids. I remember Diane well. She was a great friend and neighbor. Her and Jodi babysat for me a lot. And my boys spent a lot of time at her house. Kind of like their 2nd home. I just feel so bad I did not get back to Kimball to see her. My thoughts and prayers are with you all as you go through this difficult time. God bless you all.
August 4, 2019
What a shock... I just seen Diana at Denny’s funeral. My sincere sympathy to her family and friends.