Beatrice "Bea" Moody
September 1, 1929 – July 31, 2018
Beatrice “Bea” Moody, 88, of Blountville, TN, was welcomed into the arms of Jesus on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 at the Johnson City Medical Center. She was born in Hollywood, AR on September 1, 1929 to Maggie Pearl and Seburn Elexander Perkins.
Bea was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother who especially enjoyed cooking and making quilts for her family and friends. She had several jobs over the years, from driving a school bus for the Sullivan County School District to owning and operating The Short Stop convenient store with her husband, James. She was a longtime member of the Blountville Christian Church, the Ruth Circle, and the Blountville Historical Society.
Bea is preceded in death by her beloved husband of 54 years, James C. Moody; her parents, Maggie Pearl and Seburn Elexander Perkins and all twelve of her older siblings.
She is survived by her son, Jim Moody and wife, Pam; daughter, Deborah Feagins and husband, Lynn; grandchildren, Rev. Sarah Varnell and husband, Daniel, Rachel Moody, Austin Moody, Micayla Moody, Haley Moody, Logan Allen, Summer Sparrow, Corey Feagins and wife, Heidi, and Ashley Feagins; great-grandchildren, Grace, Allison, and Elizabeth Varnell; several special in-laws, nieces, nephews, cousins, and lifelong friends.
The family will receive friends on Saturday, August 4, 2018 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at East Lawn Funeral Home. The funeral service will follow at 12:00 pm at the funeral home with Rev. Bob Allen, Rev. Sarah Varnell, and Corey Feagins officiating. She will be laid to rest at East Lawn Memorial Park in the Garden of Prayer following the service. Online condolences may be made to the Moody family at www.eastlawnkingsport.com. East Lawn Funeral Home and Memorial Park has the honor of serving the Moody family.
- Jim Moody and wife Pam, Son
- Deborah Feagins and husband Lynn, Daughter
- Rev. Sarah Varnell and husband Daniel, Rachel Moody, Austin Moody, Micayla Moody, Haley Moody, Logan Allen, Summer Sparrow, Corey Feagins and wife Heidi, Ashely Feagins, Grandchildren
- Grace, Allison and Elizabeth Varnell, Great-Grandchildren
- Several Special In-Laws, Nieces, Nephews and Cousins, Family
- Lifelong Friends, Friends
- Seburn Elexander and Maggie Pearl Perkins, Parents - Deceased
- James C. Moody, Husband - Deceased
- Twelve Brothers and Sisters, Siblings - Deceased
- Visitation Saturday, August 4, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, August 4, 2018
- Burial Saturday, August 4, 2018
Beatrice "Bea" Moody
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
August 3, 2018
Debbie and Jim, Your mother was a kind friend, co-worker, and simply one of the nicest ladies I have known. She was proud of her family and loved all of you very much. Sending prayers to all of you. Mary Longworth