Betty Mabel Carroll
January 11, 1931 – August 8, 2019
Betty Mabel Winegar Carroll, 88, left this world during the morning hours of Thursday (August 8, 2019) to be with her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ following an extended illness. Betty was born on January 11, 1931 in Kingsport, TN to the late Charles Bruce & Sarah Melinda (Jayne) Price.
Betty never met a stranger. She attended Willow Chapel Baptist Church where she was a member for many years. She enjoyed her flowers, crocheting, knitting, and spending time with her family. Betty was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, sister, aunt, and friend; she will be greatly missed.
In addition to her parents, Betty was preceded in death by her first husband of 36 years, Melvin Glenn Winegar; second husband of 6 years, James F. Carroll; son, Timothy Melvin Winegar; four brothers, Ralph Price, J.E. Price, Edward Price, and Grover Price; and two sisters, Gladys Price McKenzie and Christine Price Henderson.
Left to cherish her memory are her two daughters, Sarah Fields & husband Steven and Donna Fleenor & husband Dan; six grandchildren, Brian Fields, Christopher Fields & wife Amy, Melissa Fields, Misty Peters, Tonya Peters, and Daniel Fleenor; eight great-grandchildren; “furry-friend” Gray Belle; four step-children; several nieces, nephews, and a host of friends.
The family will receive friends on Saturday (August 10, 2019) from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. at East Lawn Funeral Home. Funeral services will follow at 6 p.m. in the chapel of East Lawn Funeral Home with her grandson, Pastor Christopher Fields officiating. Special music will be provided by Melissa Fields and Ray Price. Betty will be laid to rest beside her beloved husband on Sunday (August 11, 2019) at 10 a.m. in the Garden of the Faith at East Lawn Memorial Park. Serving as pallbearers will be Tim Crawford, Andrew Crawford, Chandler Fields, Robert Price, Roger Allgood, T.J. Cavin, Jonathan Price, and Michael Price.
Online condolences may be made to the Carroll family at www.eastlawnkingsport.com. East Lawn Funeral Home and Memorial Park has the honor of serving the Carroll family.
- Sarah Fields and husband Steven and Donna Fleenor and husband Dan, Daughters
- Brian Fields, Christopher Fields and wife Amy, Melissa Fields, Misty Peters, Tonya Peters and Daniel Fleenor, Six grandchildren
- great grandchildren, Eight
- Gray Belle, Furry friend
- Step children, Four
- several nieces, nephews, and a host of friends, Family
- Charles Bruce and Sarah Melinda (Jayne) Price, Parents- Deceased
- Melvin Glenn Winegar, First husband of 36 years- Deceased
- James F. Carroll, Second husband of 6 years- Deceased
- Timothy Melvin Winegar, Son- Deceased
- Ralph Price, J.E. Price, Edward Price and Grover Price, Four brothers- Deceased
- Gladys Price McKenzie and Christine Price Henderson, Two sisters- Deceased
- Tim Crawford
- Andrew Crawford
- Chandler Fields
- Robert Price
- Roger Allgood
- T.J. Cavin
- Jonathon Price
- Michael Price
- Visitation Saturday, August 10, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, August 10, 2019
- Laid To Rest Sunday, August 11, 2019