Edith C. Wampler
July 13, 1923 – January 4, 2019
Edith, C. Wampler, 95, of Kingsport, passed away at home to be with her Lord, Friday, January 4, 2019. She was born in Hancock County to James and Julia Edens Church. She graduated from Sneedville High School.
After graduation, she worked for Eastman in the Acetate Yarn Division. During this time, Edith met Glenn Wampler prior to his entering the Army Air Force during World War II. After the war, they were married in 1946 and both became members of Litz Manor Baptist Church. Edith enjoyed cooking for family and friends, gardening, crossword puzzles and shopping.
She was preceded in death by her loving husband of 69 years, Glenn Wampler; her parents, James and Julia Church; brothers, Quentin Church and Carroll Church.
Edith is survived by her daughter, Lisa Wampler; son, Phillip Wampler and wife Janice; granddaughter, Sarah Elizabeth Rowan and husband, Phillip; grandson John Michael Wampler and wife Gretchen; two great-granddaughters, Emma Grace Rowan and Ava Claire Rowan; sisters, Pauline Gilley, Ethel Carpenter, Marie Mullins, and Agnes Smithson; several nieces and nephews.
The family will receive friends from 5:00 to 7:00 pm on Monday, January 7, 2019 at East Lawn Funeral Home. Funeral services will follow at 7:00 pm with Rev. Ed Clevinger officiating.
Graveside services and burial will be Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 10:30 am at East Lawn Memorial Park in the Garden of the Good Shepherd. Family and friends will meet in the chapel at East Lawn Funeral Home before going to the burial site.
Her family wishes to thank the staff of Amedisys Hospice and staff and caregivers of Home Instead for their loving care and support.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in Edith’s honor to: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 4550 Montgomery Ave., Suite 1100 N, Bethesda, MD 20814 or online at www.cff.org. Online condolences may be made to the Wampler family at www.eastlawnkingsport.com. East Lawn Funeral Home and Memorial Park has the honor of serving the Wampler family.
- Lisa Wampler, Daughter
- Phillip Wampler and wife Janice, Son
- Sarah Elizabeth Rowan and husband Phillip, Granddaughter
- John Michael Wampler and wife Gretchen, Grandson
- Emma Grace Rowan and Ava Claire Rowan, Two Great-Granddaughters
- Pauline Gilley, Sister
- Ethel Carpenter, Sister
- Marie Mullins, Sister
- Agnes Smithson, Sister
- Several Nieces and Nephews, Family
- James and Julia Edens Church, Parents - Deceased
- Glenn Wampler, Husband of Sixty-Nine Years - Deceased
- Quentin Church, Brother - Deceased
- Carroll Church, Brother - Deceased
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Visitation Monday, January 7, 2019
- Funeral Service Monday, January 7, 2019
- Graveside Service Tuesday, January 8, 2019
Edith C. Wampler
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY