April 20, 1934 – November 2, 2019
Ethel P. Worley, 85, passed during the evening hours of Saturday (November 2, 2019). Ethel was born on April 20, 1934 in Duffield, VA to the late Emma Pannell.
Ethel was a dedicated member of Kingsport First Assembly of God for many years. She enjoyed cooking, gardening, and spending time with her family and friends. Ethel was a loving wife,
In addition to her mother, Ethel was preceded in death by her two brothers, Charles and Ray Pannell; two sisters, Georgia Brown and Gladys Larkins; son-in-law, Gerald Lee Flanagan; and granddaughter, Angel Flanagan.
Left to cherish her memory are her beloved husband of 39 years, Buddy Worley; sons, Gary Darnell & wife Vicky and Scott Worley & wife Lisa; daughter, Judy Flanagan; eight grandchildren, Jeremy Flanagan & wife Angela, Jonathon Flanagan & wife Sarah, Lacey Wernke & husband Jim, Leah Darnell, Casey Worley, Katie Worley, Danny Worley, and Lee Worley; five great-grandchildren, Olivia Flanagan, Victoria Flanagan, Taylor Flanagan, Tate Wernke, and Madeleine Wernke; several nieces, nephews, and a host of friends.
The family will receive friends Wednesday (November 6, 2019) from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. at East Lawn Funeral Home. Funeral services will follow at 2 p.m. in the chapel of East Lawn Funeral Home with Rev. Hagan Webb officiating.
Ethel will be laid to rest on Wednesday (November 6, 2019) at 3 p.m. in the Garden of the Well at East Lawn Memorial Park. Family and friends will serve as pallbearers.
In lieu of flowers the family requests that memorial contributions be sent to St. Judes Children’s Research Hospital (501 St. Jude Place Memphis, TN 38105; www.stjude.org; 800-873-6983).
The family would like to extend a special thank you to her caregiver, Faye McMurray for all the kind and loving care that was given to Ethel in her time of need.
Online condolences may be made to the Worley family at www.eastlawnkingsport.com. East Lawn Funeral Home and Memorial Park has the honor of serving the Worley family.
- Buddy Worley, Beloved husband of 39 years
- Gary Darnell & wife Vicky, and Scott Worley & wife Lisa, Sons
- Judy Flanagan, Daughter
- Jeremy Flanagan & wife Angela, Jonathon Flanagan & wife Sarah, Lacey Wernke & husband Jim, Leah Darnell, Casey Worley, Katie Worley, Danny Worley, and Lee Worley, Eight Granchildren
- Olivia Flanagan, Victoria Flanagan, Taylor Flanagan, Tate Wernke, and Madeleine Wernke, Five Great-Grandchildren
- Emma Pannell, Mother-Deceased
- Charles and Ray Pannell, Two Brothers-Deceased
- Georgia Brown and Gladys Larkins, Two Sisters-Deceased
- Gerald Lee Flanagan, Son-In-Law-Deceased
- Angel Flanagan, Granddaughter
- Several nieces, nephews, and a host of friends, Family
- Visitation Wednesday, November 6, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, November 6, 2019
- Committal Service Wednesday, November 6, 2019
November 5, 2019
November 5, 2019
John & Martha Pennington
November 4, 2019
Ethel and Buddy have been our neighbors for about 40 years.
We have so many fond memories and had many good times together.
Ethel will be greatly missed but never forgotten!
Our sincere sympathy and condolences and love to all of you!❤️
November 4, 2019
Ethel and Buddy would often come visit my parents, (Buddy's Aunt Annie and Uncle Raymond Trivette). After my daddy died, Buddy told my mom that uncle Raymond got him in trouble with Ethel , saying that every time they visited, uncle Raymond would always help Ethels with her coat and Ethel would later comment "that's how a gentleman helps a lady with her coat". It was a joy for my parents to have Ethel and Buddy share some time with them. Always a very thoughtful couple.