Hazel Ula Smiley
September 18, 1936 – February 3, 2020
“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith” II Timothy 4:7
Hazel Smiley, 83, a loving wife and mother, left to be with her beloved Jesus after an extended illness. Hazel was born in Hawkins County to the late J.W. (Bud) & Minnie Pearl Mellons. Also awaiting for her in Heaven, is her beloved husband of 49 years, Ballard Smiley; sisters, Ruth Watts and Betty June Dalton; and brothers, J.C. Mellons and Ed Mellons.
She leaves to cherish her memory her daughter, Shelia Lee & husband Mark; son, Rick Smiley & wife Linda; her beloved granddaughter, Tasha Britt & husband Chris; special great-granddaughter, Kialee Britt; step-granddaughter, Christy Gardner & husband Jason; step-grandson, Jonathan Quillian & wife Cora; step great-grandsons, Landon Gardner and Eric Quillian; sisters, Marie Hutson and Brenda McClain; brother, Ralph Mellons; very special friend of over 40 years, Marlene Lane; numerous nieces, nephews, and a host of friends.
Hazel was a wonderful wife, mother, grandmother, and homemaker. Her love was reflected in her actions toward her family and friends. She loved making a home for her family.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to SunCrest Hospice Care, you have made some difficult days a little easier.
The family will receive friends on Friday, February 7, 2020 from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm at Emmanuel Baptist Church (2118 Bloomingdale Rd. Kingsport, TN 37660). Funeral services will follow at 7 p.m. with Pastor David Powers officiating.
Hazel will be laid to rest on Saturday, February 8, 2020 at 1 p.m. in the Garden of Prayer at East Lawn Memorial Park.
Online condolences may be made to the Smiley family at www.eastlawnkingsport.com. East Lawn Funeral Home and Memorial Park has the honor of serving the Smiley family.
- Shelia Lee and husband Mark, Daughter
- Rick Smiley and wife Linda, Son
- Tasha Britt and husband Chris, Granddaughter
- Kialee Britt, Great-Granddaughter
- Christy Gardner and husband Jason, Step-Granddaughter
- Jonathan Quillian and wife Cora, Step-Grandson
- Landon Gardner, Step-Great-Grandson
- Eric Quillian, Step-Great-Grandson
- Marie Hutson and Brenda McClain, Sisters
- Ralph Mellons, Brother
- Marlene Lane, Special Friend for Forty Years
- Numberous Nieces and Nephews, Family
- J.W. (Bud) and Minnie Pearl Mellons, Parents
- Ballard Smiley, Husband of Forty-Nine Years
- Ruth Watts and Betty June Dalton, Sisters
- J.C. Mellons and Ed Mellons, Brothers
- Visitation Friday, February 7, 2020
- Funeral Service Friday, February 7, 2020
- Committal Service Saturday, February 8, 2020
Hazel Ula Smiley
February 5, 2020
My prayers are with you Sheila and your family. She was the sweetest lady. I know she will be missed but im sure thankful a reunion day for us all will be soon! God bless..Sandy Leedy