Ina Nell Hawkins
June 11, 1938 – January 2, 2019
Ina Nell King Hawkins, 80, went home to be with the Lord on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
Ina was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother, who enjoyed working in her garden when she was not raising her children and grandchildren. She was a member of Faith Primitive Baptist Church in Kingsport.
Ina was preceded in death by her husband of 57 years, Ralph Boyd Hawkins, her parents, Ethel and Alborn King, a daughter Theresa Rogers and granddaughter Victoria Hawkins.
Those left to cherish her memories include her son, Ivan Burton Hawkins (Pat Fisher); daughters Arlene Brice (Allen), Rachel Livesay (Tim Rock), Gale Murray (Carl), and Rena Christian (Tim); brother-in-law, James Roman White; grandchildren Shong Hall, Kenny Pugh, Wesley Rogers, Adam Hawkins, Mathew Hall, Joshua Murray, Lacey Brice, Eric Murray, Sarah Sutherland, Caleb Sutherland, Amrick Christian; several great-grandchildren; and many nieces, nephews, and cousins.
The family will receive friends on Saturday, January 5, 2019 from 5:00 to 7:00 pm at East Lawn Funeral Home. A Celebration of Ina’s life will follow at 7:00 pm with Elder Leonard W. Davis officiating.
Graveside services will be conducted on Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 2:00 pm at Hermon United Methodist Church Cemetery.
The family would like to extend a special thanks to Nichole Pendleton and the nurses at Indian Path Medical Center.
Online condolences may be made to the Hawkins family at www.eastlawnkingsport.com. East Lawn Funeral Home and Memorial Park has the honor of serving the Hawkins family.
- Ivan Burton Hawkins (Pat Fisher), Son
- Arlene Brice (Allen), Daughter
- Rachael Livesay (Tim Rock), Daughter
- Gale Murray (Carl), Daughter
- Rena Christain (Tim), Daughter
- James Roman White, Brother-in-law
- Shong Hall, Kenny Pugh, Wesley Rogers, Adam Hawkins, Mathew Hall, Joshua Murray, Lacey Brice, Eric Murray, Sarah Sutherland, Caleb Sutherland, Amrick Christain, Grandchildren
- Several Great-Grandchildren and many Nieces, Nephews and Cousins, Family
- Ethel and Alborn King, Parents- Deceased
- Ralph Boyd Hawkins, Husband- Deceased
- Theresa Rogers, Daughter- Deceased
- Victoria Hawkins, Granddaughter- Deceased
- Visitation Saturday, January 5, 2019
- A Celebration of Life Service Saturday, January 5, 2019
- Graveside Service Sunday, January 6, 2019
Ina Nell Hawkins
January 5, 2019
gale im sorry for your loss i want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family if you need anything let me know love you girl