James H. Wagner
January 28, 1956 – August 26, 2019
James H. Wagner, 63, passed away suddenly on August 26, 2019. He was born in Kingsport on January 28, 1956, where he was a lifelong resident.
He was a dedicated Alabama fan and had worked for TPI in Gray, TN for 16 years.
James is preceded in death by his mother Mary Wagner; sisters, Judy Wagner, Sue Baker, Phyllis Wagner-Carter, and Nancy Wagner; brothers, Don Wagner and Norman Wagner; niece, Patricia Grayson; and mother-in-law, Ann Moss.
Those left to cherish James’ memories include his wife of 19 years, Carol “Susie” Wagner; daughter, Felecia Wagner; stepson, Steven Starnes; stepdaughter, Tara Blair; grandchildren, Kylie Blair, Brand Starnes, and Alexis Tucker; special nephew, Keith Roof and several nieces and nephews; father-in-law, J.C. Moss, brothers-in-law, Jon Moss and wife Tina and Rodney Moss and wife Polly; and sister-in-law, Amy Walsh.
The family will receive friends on Friday, August 30, 2019 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at East Lawn Funeral Home. Funeral services will follow at 8:00 pm with Rev. Robert Fletcher officiating.
James will be laid to rest on Saturday, August 31, 2019 at 11:00 am at East Lawn Memorial Park in the Garden of Faith.
Pallbearers will be Stephen Starnes, Jarrett Estepp, Jon Moss, Jr., Rodney Moss, and Eric Davis.
Honorary pallbearers will be Jon Moss, David Boone, and Keith Roof.
The family would like to extend a special Thank You to Holston Valley Medical Center – CCU 2nd Floor; Nurses: Steve, Tamryn, and Natalie; and Respiratory Therapists: Amy, Abby, and Rhenda.
Online condolences may be made to the Wagner family at www.eastlawnkingsport.com. East Lawn Funeral Home and Memorial Park has the honor of serving the Wagner family.
- Carol "Susie" Wagner, Wife
- Felecia Wagner, Daughter
- Steven Starnes, Stepson
- Tara Blair, Stepdaughter
- Kylie Blair, Brand Starnes, Alexis Tucker, Grandchildren
- Keith Roof, Special Nephew
- Several Nieces and Nephews, Family
- J.C. Moss, Father-In-Law
- Jon Moss and wife Tina, Rodney Moss and wife Polly, Brothers-In-Law
- Amy Walsh, Sister-In-Law
- Mary Wagner, Mother - Deceased
- Judy Wagner, Sue Baker, Phyllis Wagner-Carter, Nancy Wagner, Sisters - Deceased
- Don Wagner, Norman Wagner, Brothers - Deceased
- Patricia Grayson, Niece - Deceased
- Ann Moss, Mother-In-Law - Deceased
- Stephen Starnes
- Jarrett Estepp
- Jon Moss, Jr.
- Rodney Moss
- Erik Davis
- Randall Danna
- Jon Moss, Honorary Pallbearer
- David Boone, Honorary Pallbearer
- Keith Roof, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Friday, August 30, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, August 30, 2019
- Graveside Service Saturday, August 31, 2019
James H. Wagner
September 10, 2019
I'm James Wagner's niece my mom is Wanda Baker wanted to say that my daughter Alisha Baker and grandson Kayden we didn't know that James went to be with all our family he was the last of that generation he will be missed Carol and Felisha if you need anything I'm here for you! Love you. Uncle James fly high #anotherguardianangel up in heaven. Prayers are sent love ya