John D. Gilchrist Jr.
August 11, 1959 – November 5, 2019
John D. Gilchrist Jr., age 60 of Kingsport and formerly of Margaretville, NY and Syracuse, NY, entered into the glories of Heaven on Tuesday, November 5, 2019. John was born on August 11, 1959 in Syracuse, NY to John and Ruth Gilchrist. On August 6, 1983, John married his best friend and love of his life, Deborah Rogers; and after raising a family together and making a lifetime of memories, she survives.
John loved life. He enjoyed fishing and being outdoors. He cherished every moment with his family and his grandchildren and great grandchildren were the treasures of his heart. John enjoyed working on electronic radios, riding motorcycles and tinkering around with computers.
John was preceded in death by his mother, Ruth Kelly Gilchrist; and sister, Bunny Naples. He is survived by his loving wife of 36 years, Deborah Gilchrist; his father, John David Gilchrist Sr., and his step mother, Mary Gilchrist; sons, Liberty Beauvais, Justin Beauvais, Jason Gilchrist, John David Gilchrist III, and Joshua Gilchrist; daughter, Ashley Gilchrist; sisters, Ann Marie Hollister and husband Wayne, and Angel Neil; grandchildren, Amber, Brandon, Kira, Ethan, Savannah, and Olivia; two great grandchildren, Noah and Elijah; and brother-in-law, Richard Naples.
John will be laid to rest on Saturday, November 9, 2019 in the Garden of Memories at East Lawn Memorial Park.
Online condolences may be made to the family at www.eastlawnkingsport.com. East Lawn Funeral Home and Memorial Park has the honor of serving the family.
- Deborah Gilchrist, Loving wife of 36 years
- John David Gilchrist Sr., Father
- Mary Gilchrist, Step-Mother
- Liberty Beauvais, Justin Beauvais, Jason Gilchrist, John David Gilchrist III, and Joshua Gilchrist, Sons
- Ashley Gilchrist, Daughter
- Ann Marie Hollister and husband Wayne, and Angel Neil, Sisters
- Amber, Brandon, Kira, Ethan, Savannah, and Olivia, Grandchildren
- Noah and Elijah, Two Great-Grandchildren
- Richard Naples, Brother-In-Law
- Ruth Kelly Gilchrist, Mother-Deceased
- Bunny Naples, Sister-Deceased
- Private Family Service Saturday, November 9, 2019