Mary Lynn Potts Casey
June 10, 1935 – October 31, 2019
Mary Lynn Potts Casey, age 84 of Kingsport, entered into the glories of Heaven on Thursday, October 31, 2019. Mary was born on June 10, 1935 in Sullivan County, TN to Walter and Maggie Potts. Mary married her best friend and love of her life, Mr. Earl Casey, and for 42 ½ years, they raised a family together and made a lifetime of memories. Earl passed on 8/11/2001, and the love that Mary had for him continued on throughout her lifetime.
Mary was a devoted member of Buffalo Ridge Baptist Church in Grey, TN for 25 years. She was a devoted wife and mother; as she always put her family’s needs before her own. She loved being a wife and mother. She will be remembered for her stories that she wrote and her loving and compassionate character. Mary enjoyed cooking, gardening and sewing. Not only did she sew clothes for her children to wear but she sewed threads of love throughout her family; and it’s these threads of love that she sewed that will never fray or break.
Mary is preceded in death by her parents; her loving husband, Earl Casey Sr.; son, Joel Anthony Casey; daughter-in-law, Buffy Casey; brothers, Jack Potts, Charlie Potts, and David Potts; sister, Louise McMillian; brothers-in-law, Frank Ketron, and Jim Vaughn; and one grandson, Landon Baker. Those left to cherish her memory are her son, Earl Casey Jr and his wife Priscilla; daughters, Jamie Baker and her husband Rick, and Lisa Casey Davy and her husband Kenneth; one brother, Larry Potts and his wife Diana; three sisters, Betty Lou Ketron, Judy Hall and her husband Milburn, and Virginia Vaughn; grandchildren, Jimmy, Ruby, Brandon, Rebecca, Rachel, Anthony, Caitlin, and Destiny; great grandchildren, Landon, Austin, Earl Jack, Diana, and Elizabeth; and several loving nieces, nephews and friends.
The family will receive friends on Saturday, November 2, 2019 from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm at East Lawn Funeral Home. Funeral services will be held at 2:00 pm immediately following the visitation with Dr. Gene Lasley and Brandon Long officiating. Mary will be laid to rest on Saturday, November 2, 2019 at 3:00 pm in the Garden of Mausoleum at East Lawn Memorial Park. Mary’s family will be serving as pallbearers.
Online condolences may be made to the family at www.eastlawnkingsport.com. East Lawn Funeral Home and Memorial Park has the honor of serving the family.
- Earl Casey Jr. & wife Priscilla, Son
- Jamie Baker & husband Rick, and Lisa Casey Davy & husband Kenneth, Daughters
- Larry Potts & wife Diana, Brother
- Betty Lou Ketron, Judy Hall & husband Milburn, and Virginia Vaughn, Three Sisters
- Jimmy, Ruby, Brandon, Rebecca, Rachel, Anthony, Caitlin, and Destiny, Grandchildren
- Landon, Austin, Earl Jack, Diana, and Elizabeth, Great-Grandchildren
- Earl Casey Sr., Loving husband-Deceased
- Joel Anthony Casey, Son-Deceased
- Buffy Casey, Daughter-In-Law-Deceased
- Jack Potts, Charlie Potts, and David Potts, Brothers-Deceased
- Louise McMillian, Sister-Deceased
- Frank Ketron, and Jim Vaughn, Brothers-In-Law-Deceased
- Landon Long, Grandson-Deceased
- Walter and Maggie Potts, Parents-Deceased
- Several loving nieces, nephews, and friends
- Visitation Saturday, November 2, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, November 2, 2019
- Laid To Rest Saturday, November 2, 2019