McGarvie (Mack) Nunley
May 31, 1934 – October 27, 2019
McGarvie (Mack) Nunley, 85, passed into eternal life on Sunday, October 27, 2019 at his home on Gray. He was born in Kingsport, TN and lived a good portion of his life in his beloved Bloomingdale. He was a wonderful husband, father, grandfather, brother, and friend. He will be missed so much by all who knew him.
He was preceded in death by his parents, McGarvie Nunley Sr. and Ida Cassell Nunley. His wife of 62 years, Joan Nunley (2016), his grandson, Bill Surcey and son-in-law, Lynn Butcher.
Those left to cherish is memory are son, Terry and Betty Nunley; his daughters, Angela and Roy Elliott and Sharie Butcher; sisters, Anna Mary Ellis of Florida, Jewell Addison of Alabama and Pauline and Conley Dockery of Jonesborough, TN; grandchildren, Kristi Elliott and Garrett, Katie and Joe Meeks; and many nieces, nephews, and extended family.
He was employed by Grief Brothers of Kingsport for 40 plus years.
The family wishes to thank Amedysis hospice and everyone who helped to take care of Mack. You are appreciated more than you know.
The family will receive friends on Friday, November 1, 2019 from 1:00 to 3:00pm at East Lawn Funeral Home. Funeral services will follow at 3:00pm with Jeff Wilson officiating.
Mack will be laid to rest following the funeral at East Lawn Memorial Park in the Garden of David.
Online condolences may be made to the Nunley family at www.eastlawnkingsport.com. East Lawn Funeral Home and Memorial Park has the honor of serving the Nunley family.
- Terry and Betty Nunley, Son
- Angela and Roy Elliott, Daughter
- Sharie Butcher, Daughter
- Anna Mary Ellis, Jewell Addison, Pauline and Conley Dockery, Sisters
- Kristi Elliott and Garrett, Katie and Joe Meeks, Grandchildren
- Many Nieces, Nephews and Extended Family, Family
- McGarvie Nunley, Sr., and Ida Cassell Nunley, Parents - Deceased
- Joan Nunley, Wife of Sixty-Two Years - Deceased 2016
- Bill Surcey, Grandson - Deceased
- Lynn Butcher, Son-In-Law - Deceased
- Visitation Friday, November 1, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, November 1, 2019
- Laid To Rest Friday, November 1, 2019
McGarvie (Mack) Nunley
November 1, 2019
Sorry to hear about your dad passing away Terry. I always thought a lot of Mack when we attended the same church. Although I hadn't seen Mack in many years, I still considered him a friend. Prayers & sympathy are with you & your family.
Rhonda Ketron Ellis
October 30, 2019
I stayed many summers at my cousins house and he was such a sweet uncle.