Ruth Pearl Morgan
July 19, 1925 – February 3, 2019
Ruth Pearl (Cole) Morgan, 93, of Kingsport, was carried away by the angels to eternal rest and to be with her Lord and Savior, on Sunday (February 3, 2019).
Born in Blountville, TN on July 19, 1925, she was the daughter of the late Ben Roy “Dutch” Cole & Martha Jane Browder Cole. She resided in Kingsport her entire life, where she was an interior decorator and owned her own business making customized drapery. She enjoyed her work and loved her customers. She was of the Baptist faith, and loved to serve the Lord. She was always ready to give her testimony and tell of her love of Jesus. Her husband and herself founded Sunset Baptist Church, and was later led by the Lord to organize Pilgrams Rest Baptist Church, where her husband resided as pastor until his death.
In addition to her parents, she was proceeded in death by her loving husband, Rev. Charles Morgan; her brother, James “Jim” Henry Cole; her sister, Louis Cole Duncan; and son-in-law, Roy Kenneth Sexton.
Ruth is survived by her daughters, Mary Sue Morgan Sexton and Dewanna Dean Morgan Calhoun & husband Gary Dee Calhoun, Sr.; grandson, Gary Dee Calhoun, Jr. & wife Amy; granddaughters, Stephanie Sue Sexton & fiancé Dan Patrick and DeAnna Carol Calhoun Tate & husband Randy; great-granddaughters, Nikki Calhoun, Jessica and Megan Gray, and Hillary Gray & fiancé Jeff Kearney; great-grandson Elijah Tate; great-great-grandson Ryder Lee Gray; three brothers, L.B, W.C., and Larry Cole; several nieces and nephews and loving family.
The family will receive friends on Thursday (February 7, 2019) from 4 to 6 p.m. at East Lawn Funeral Home. Funeral services will follow in the chapel of East Lawn Funeral Home at 6 p.m. with Reverend Larry Browder officiating. Special music will be provided by the Browder family. Serving as pallbearers will be Ean Feathers, Lynn Feathers, David Cole, Matt Arnold, Richard Cole, and Tim Pullon. Ruth will be laid to rest beside of her beloved husband on Friday (February 8, 2019) at 1 p.m. at Oak Hill Memorial Park in the Sermon on the Mount Garden.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to a loving niece, Lisa Cole Feathers, the staff of Crown Cypress and Amedisys Hospice caregivers.
Online condolences may be made to the Morgan family at www.eastlawnkingsport.com. East Lawn Funeral Home and Memorial Park has the honor of serving the Morgan family.
- Mary Sue Morgan Sexton and Dewanna Dean Morgan Calhoun & husband Gary Dee Calhoun, Sr, Daughters
- L.B., W.C. and Larry Cole, Brothers
- Gary Dee Calhoun, Jr. & wife Amy, Grandson
- Stephanie Sue Sexton & fiance Dan Patrick and DeAnna Carol Calhoun Tate & husband Randy, Granddaughters
- Nikki Calhoun, Jessica and Megan Gray, and Hillary Gray & fiance Jeff Kearney, Great-granddaughters
- Elijah Tate, Great-grandson
- Ryder Lee Gray, Great-great-grandson
- Several Nieces and Nephews, Family
- Ben Roy "Dutch" Cole & Martha Jane Browder Cole, Parents- Deceased
- Rev. Charles Morgan, Husband- Deceased
- James "Jim" Henry Cole, Brother- Deceased
- Louis Cole Duncan, Sister- Deceased
- Roy Kenneth Sexton, Son-in-law- Deceased
- Ken Feathers
- Lynn Feathers
- David Cole
- Matt Arnold
- Richard Cole
- Tim Pullon
- Visitation Thursday, February 7, 2019
- Funeral Service Thursday, February 7, 2019
- Committal Service Friday, February 8, 2019
Ruth Pearl Morgan
February 6, 2019
Ruth, was a beautiful lady. Her beauty came through to others when she made your Window Treatments. She was the best.
Many Blessings to the Family. I am very sorry for your loss. Most Sincerely, Jo Speer Clark-Moody
February 6, 2019
I am so sorry to hear of your Mothers passing. My mother lives at Crown Cypress I would always see your mom when I visited mine. She always had a smile on her face and she was such a sweet lady. My Prayers are with your family. She has no pain now she is in good hands with our Lord! Thoughts and Prayers Kathy Hargreaves