March 26, 1927 – May 10, 2018
Velma Joyce Bass Singleton, age 91 of South Knoxville, went home to be with her Lord and Savior, Thursday, May 10, 2018. Joyce was the daughter of a pastor and was a wonderful Godly woman. She was a prayer warrior, greatly loved her family and was greatly loved by her family. Joyce was a member of Sevier Heights Baptist Church and greatly enjoyed singing in the choir. The family would like to especially thank UT Hospice. Preceded in death by her parents, Rev. John and Velma Bass; husband, William (Bill) Singleton, WWII Navy Veteran ; daughter Elizabeth Loveday, her grandson, Jeremy Frye and great grandson, Bryson Singleton. Survivors include her daughter, Ramona Frye (Dwayne); son, Rev. Michael Singleton (Helen); son-in-law, Rev. Richard Loveday; grandchildren, Joshua Frye (Rachel), Jonathan Frye (Sarah), Jordan Frye (Crystal), Master Sergeant USAF, Aaron Singleton (Melinda), Technical Sergeant USAF, Nathan Singleton (Crystal), Elena Jones (David), Lauren Singleton, Daniel Singleton, Dana Kelly (Robert), Courtney Loveday and Erica Elliott (Corporal USMC Michael); 23 great-grandchildren; several nieces and nephews. The family will receive friends from 11:00 AM until 1:00 PM Saturday, May 12, 2018 in the Chapel of Berry Funeral Home, 3704 Chapman Hwy. Knoxville, TN 37920 with a service celebrating the life of Joyce to follow at 1:00 PM in the chapel. Dr. Hollie Miller officiating. Interment will follow at Woodlawn Cemetery. Joyce requested that in lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to One Vision International, 2915 Alcoa Highway, Knoxville, Tennessee 37920. Pallbearers will be Joyce's grandsons. Condolences may be offered at www.berryfuneralhome.com
- Ramona Frye, Daughter
- Rev Michael (Helen) Singleton, Son
- Rev. Richard Loveday, Son-in-law
- Joshua (Rachel) Frye, Grandchild
- Jonathan (Sarah) Frye, Grandchild
- Jordan (Crystal) Frye, Grandchild
- Master Sergeant USAF Aaron (Melinda) Frye, Grandchild
- Technical Sergeant USAF Nathan (Crystal) Frye, Grandchild
- Elena (David) Jones, Grandchild
- Lauren Singleton, Grandchild
- Daniel Singleton, Grandchild
- Dana (robert) Kelly, Grandchild
- Courtney Loveday, Grandchild
- Erica (Corporal USMC Michael) Elliott, Grandchild
- Visitation Saturday, May 12, 2018
- Celebration of Life Saturday, May 12, 2018
- Graveside Service Saturday, May 12, 2018
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
Thomas & Libby Widgeon
May 12, 2018
Sorry For Your Loss!
Jesus Loves Me!
May 11, 2018
Whenever I visited in her home, she would always tell me how proud she was of her family.
I rejoice in the life she lived.
I now rejoice in the home she has now gained.
I also rejoice in the family she was so proud of!