Betty Jo Steed
October 26, 1918 – June 25, 2019
Mrs. Betty Jo Steed, 100, of LaGrange, GA passed away Tuesday, June 25, 2019 at Poplar Creek Assisted Living.
Mrs. Steed was born October 26, 1918 in Gay, GA, daughter of the late William Joseph Smith and Jane Elizabeth Snow Smith. She was a member of Rosemont Baptist Church and an avid gardener. Mrs. Steed was a former member of the Oasis Club and past member of the Pine Needle Garden Club and the Cascade Heights Garden Club in Atlanta, GA. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Robert Louis Steed, Sr. and a granddaughter, Joanna Elizabeth Steed.
Mrs. Steed is survived by 3 children, Robert Louis (Claire) Steed, Jr., Jane Steed (Phil) Rogers, and William Joseph Steed; grandchildren, Robert Britt Steed, Nanci Rogers (Jimmy) McClendon, Molly Rogers (Adam) Talanczuk, Kiley Steed (Jamie) Cashwell, and Ashley Joseph (Brittany) Steed; great grandchildren, Landan Cashwell, Camdan Cashwell, Brody Steed, Owen McClendon, Harry McClendon, Mattie Talanczuk, and Tia Talanczuk.
Celebration of Life service will be 2:00 P.M. Saturday, June 29, 2019 in the Chapel of Striffler-Hamby Mortuary, LaGrange, GA with Rev. Max McCord and Rev. Adam Camp officiating. The gathering of family and friends will be in the Striffler-Hamby Mortuary Event Room immediately following the funeral service. Burial will be at 4:30 P.M. in the Union Baptist Church Cemetery, St. Mark’s Community, Hogansville, GA
Those wishing to share a condolence or remembrance with the family may do so by visiting www.shlagrange.com.
Arrangements are by Striffler-Hamby Mortuary, 1010 Mooty Bridge Road, LaGrange, GA 30240 (706) 884-8636
- Robert Louis and Claire Steed Jr., Son
- Jane Steed and Phil Rogers, Daughter
- William Joseph Steed, Son
- Robert Britt Steed, Grandchild
- Nanci Rogers and Jimmy McClendon, Grandchild
- Molly Rogers and Adam Talanczuk, Grandchild
- Kiley Steed and Jamie Cashwell, Grandchild
- Askley Joseph and Brittany Steed, Grandchild
- Landan Cashwell, Great Grandchild
- Camdan Cashwell, Great Grandchild
- Brody Steed, Great Grandchild
- Owen McClendon, Great Grandchild
- Harry McClendon, Great Grandchild
- Mattie Talanczuk, Great Grandchild
- Tia Talanczuk, Great Grandchild
- Celebration of Life Service Saturday, June 29, 2019
- The Gathering of Family and Friends Saturday, June 29, 2019
Betty Jo Steed
July 6, 2019
Please accept my deepest sympathies. Sincerely, Loraine Crenshaw (Wellstar West Georgia Hospice )
Dorothy Dillon Cammon
June 26, 2019
What a beautiful lady, inside and out.