John Nelson Childers
August 18, 1940 – September 26, 2019
Mr. John Nelson Childers, 79, of Union Grove, passed away on Thursday, September 26, 2019 at Iredell Memorial Hospital.
He was born in Caldwell County on August 18, 1940 to the late Henry Eugene Childers and Annie Crisp Childers.
In addition to his parents he was preceded in death by a brother, Harold E. Childers of Charlotte and sister, Reba Childers Swanson of Lenoir. Those left to cherish his memory include his wife, Brenda Chester Childers; son, Kyle Nelson Childers of Raleigh; daughter, Susan Childers Venturini of Charleston, South Carolina; sister-in-law, Shirley Chester Poarch of Lenoir; and grandchildren, Gabrielle, Anna-Victoria, Selena, Malachi, Lucca, Maya and Victor Venturini, all of Charleston, South Carolina. A graveside service honoring the life of Mr. Childers will be held at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 29, 2019 at Blue Ridge Memorial Park with Rev. Roger Beck officiating. The family will receive friends at Pendry’s Funeral Home, prior to the graveside service, from 1:45 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Pallbearers will be Mark Poarch, Dylan Poarch, Malachi Venturini, Lucca Venturini, Victor Venturini, Chris Childers and Kevin Childers.
In lieu of flowers the family respectfully requests that memorial donations be made to the American Red Cross, 1375 Lenoir Rhyne Blvd SE #119, Hickory, NC 28602.
Words of comfort may be expressed to the family at www.pendrysfuneralhome.com.
Pendry’s Funeral Home is honored to be serving the family of Mr. John Nelson Childers.
- Henry Eugene Childers, Father (deceased)
- Annie Crisp Childers, Mother (deceased)
- Brenda Chester Childers, Wife
- Kyle Nelson Childers, Son
- Susan Childers Venturini, Daughter
- Harold E Childers, Brother (deceased)
- Reba Childers Swanson, Sister (deceased)
- Shirley Chester Poarch, Sister-in-law
- Gabrielle Venturini, Grandchild
- Anna-Victoria Venturini, Grandchild
- Selena Venturini, Grandchild
- Malachi Venturini, Grandchild
- Lucca Venturini, Grandchild
- Maya Venturini, Grandchild
- Victor Venturini, Grandchild
- Mark Poarch
- Dylan Poarch
- Malachi Venturini
- Lucca Venturini
- Victor Venturini
- Chris Childers
- Kevin Childers
- Receiving of Friends Sunday, September 29, 2019
- Graveside Service Sunday, September 29, 2019