Conie Mae Boone McNeill
September 23, 1919 – March 8, 2018
Conie Mae Boone McNeill passed away on Thursday, March 8, 2018 at the Randolph Hospice House.
Born September 23, 1919 in Seagrove, N.C. to Willard and Zella Boone, Mrs. McNeill was the oldest living member of Union Grove Baptist Church. Over the years she was secretary and treasurer of her Sunday School class and actively involved on other church committees. Conie was the former owner of McNeill Florist and later retired from the Randolph County School system, working in the cafeteria at Seagrove Elementary School. After retirement she enjoyed her time as a docent with the North Carolina Pottery Museum in Seagrove. Mrs. McNeill was preceded in death by her husband Forrest, her daughter Linda McNeill Asbill, her son-in-law Harold Asbill and grandson-in-law Bryan McDowell. As well as her parents and siblings Mamie Boone Lucas, Ronie Boone Martin, Gradie Boone, Lexie Boone.
She is survived by her son, Arlie Maxton McNeill (Sheila) of Brunswick, GA, her grandchildren Melissa Skoglund (Jamie) of Asheboro, Stacy McDowell (Bryan) of Asheboro, Leslie Manoukian (Richard) of Brunswick, GA, great grandchildren, Ryan McNeill (Blaire), Norah Manoukian, Hillary Bunting (Aaron), Emily Skoglund, and great great grandchildren Rayne McNeill and Kylie Manoukian. She also leaves behind three siblings: Margie Boone Sink, Jacksie Boone Poe, Alvie Boone and many special nieces and nephews.
Conie treasured her family, her faith and her friendships. During her 98 glorious years, she touched the hearts of many.
A celebration of life will be held for Mrs. McNeill on Sunday, March 11, 2018 at 2:00pm, Union Grove Baptist Church, Seagrove NC. Burial will follow in the church cemetery. The family will receive friends after the burial in the church fellowship hall.
In lieu of flowers please make donations to Union Grove Baptist Church, 7912 Union Grove Church Rd., Seagrove, NC 27341 or Hospice of Randolph County, PO Box 9, Asheboro, NC 27204.
Please share your thoughts and memories with the family at www.LoflinFH.com.
Loflin Funeral Home of Liberty is honored to serve the McNeill family.
- Jason Boone, Father
- Zella Brower Boone, Mother
- Forest McNeill, Husband
- Linda McNeill Asbill, Daughter
- Harold Asbill, Son-in-law
- Bryan McDowell, Grandson-in-law
- Mamie Boone Lucas, Sibling
- Ronie Boone Martin, Sibling
- Gradie Boone, Sibling
- Lexie Boone, Sibling
- Arlie Maxton McNeill, Son
- Sheila McNeill, Daughter-in-law
- Melissa Skoglund, Grandchild
- Jamie Skoglund, Grandchild-in-law
- Stacy McDowell, Grandchild
- Bryan McDowell, Grandchild-in-law
- Leslie Manoukian, Grandchild
- Leslie Manoukian, Grandchild-in-law
- Ryan McNeill, Great Grandchild
- Blaire McNeill, Great Grandchild-in-law
- Norah Manoukian, Great Grandchild
- Hillary Bunting, Great Grandchild
- Aaron Bunting, Great Grandchild
- Emily Skoglund, Great Grandchild
- Rayne McNeill, Great Great Grandchild
- Kylie Manoukian, Great Great Grandchild
- Margie Boone Sink, Sibling
- Jacksie Boone Poe, Sibling
- Alvie Boone, Sibling
- Conie also leaves behind many special nieces and nephews.
Union Grove Baptist Church
7912 Union Grove Ch Rd, Seagrove, North Carolina 27341
Hospice of Randolph County
PO Box 9, Asheboro, North Carolina 27204
- Celebration of Life Sunday, March 11, 2018
- Reception of Friends Sunday, March 11, 2018
Conie Mae Boone McNeill
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
March 9, 2018
Arlie and family, my thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.