December 2, 1945 – June 30, 2019
Melida Arias, age 73, of Elizabeth, New Jersey passed away at home with her family by her side on Sunday June 30, 2019. Melida came to the United States in 1968.
Melida was born in Pereira, Colombia on December 2, 1945. She is survived by their husband, Hernando Arias; two sons Giovani and wife Emila Arias, Fabian and wife Lorena Arias; and daughter Maria (Arias) and husband Robert Brusca; 3 brothers Jose, Pedro, Humberto Patino; 4 sisters Lilia, Rubiela, Amparo Patino, Bellalid Salazar; 3 grandsons Mark Anthony and Brandon Arias, Cristian Brusca; 3 granddaughters Alexa, Brianna, and Gianna Arias.
A visitation for Melida will be held Wednesday, July 3, 2019 from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM at Krowicki McCracken Funeral Home, 2124 East Saint George Ave, Linden, NJ 07036. A funeral mass will occur Friday, July 5, 2019 from 9:30AM to 10:30 AM at Saint Michael's R.C. Church, located at 40 Alden Street Cranford NJ. Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at https://www.dignitymemorial.com for the Arias family.
- Hernando Arias, Husband
- Giovani and wife Emila Arias, Son
- Fabian and wife Lorena Arias, Son
- Maria (Arias) and husband Rubert Brusca, Daughter
- Jose Patino, Brother
- Lilia Patino, Sister
- Bellalid Salazar, Sister
- Rubiela Patino, Sister
- Amparo Patino, Brother
- Humberto Patino, Brother
- Pedro Patino, Brother
- Mark Anthony Arias, Grandson
- Alexa Arias, Granddaughter
- Brianna Arias, Granddaughter
- Christian Brusca, Grandson
- Giana Arias, Granddaughter
- Brandon Arias, Grandson
- Visitation Wednesday, July 3, 2019
- Funeral Mass Friday, July 5, 2019
- Committal Service Friday, July 5, 2019