Anna "Ann" Lee Cooley
December 17, 1931 – July 28, 2018
Anna Lee Sterling Cooley, 86, of Liberty City, Texas passed away July 28, 2018 in Tyler, Texas. She was born December 17, 1931 in Huntsville, Texas to Fred Callie Sterling and Ella Lee Boyd Sterling. Ann graduated from Huntsville High School, and received her Bachelors and Masters in Education from Stephen F. Austin State University. She taught in Kilgore ISD for 28 years at Chandler and Kilgore Heights campuses, and retired in 1997. After retirement she volunteered at Laird Hospital and the library at First Baptist Church of Liberty City. Throughout her life, she was committed to family and education, providing the encouragement and support to all to be their best at what they chose to do. Many people have been touched by Ann's encouragement as a teacher, mother, nana, sister, aunt and friend. She enjoyed traveling, reading and spending time with family. Ann married Roy C. Cooley on June 23, 1950 in Chandler, Texas. He preceded her in death on August 13, 1991. She is survived by her sons: Byron Cooley and his wife Janice of Ben Wheeler, Durwin Cooley and his wife Elizabeth of Lake Cherokee, and Dennis Cooley of Red Springs; grandchildren: Amanda Cooley Lee and her husband Robbie, Ryan Cooley and his fiance Shawnna Ivey, Alicia Cooley Waddle and her husband Justin, Daniel Cooley, Justin Cooley, Loren Cooley Plopper and her husband Cody, and Sterling Cooley; and 11 great grandchildren; sisters: Becky Sterling Steely and Lois Sterling Brown; sister-in-law: Janice Horn Sterling as well as a number of nieces, nephews, and extended family members. She is preceded in death by her parents, her husband, brother: Virgil Fred Sterling. A time of visitation with Ann's family will be from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 29, 2018 at Lakeview Funeral Home, 5000 West Harrison Road, Longview, Texas. A Celebration of Ann's life will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Monday, July 30, 2018 at the Chapel of Lakeview Funeral Home with the Rev. Keith Wilkerson officiating. Entombment will follow at Lakeview Memorial Gardens Mausoleum. In lieu of flowers, the family wishes memorials be made to the Alzheimer's Association at act.alz.org/donate on Ann's behalf.
- Byron Cooley, Son
- Janice Cooley, Byron's wife
- Durwin Cooley, Son
- Elizabeth Cooley, Durwin's Wife
- Dennis Cooley, Son
- Amanda Cooley Lee, Granddaughter
- Robbie Lee, Amanda's Husband
- Ryan Cooley, Grandson
- Shawnna Ivey, Ryan's Finace
- Alicia Cooley Waddle, Granddaughter
- Justin Waddle, Alicia's Husband
- Daniel Cooley, Grandson
- Justin Cooley, Grandson
- Loren Cooley Plopper, Granddaughter
- Cody Plopper, Loren's Husband
- Sterling Cooley, Grandson
- Becky Sterling Steely, Sister
- Lois Sterling Brown, Sister
- Janice Horn Sterling, Sister-in-Law
- As well as 11 great grandchildren and a number of nieces, nephews, and extended family members. She is preceded in death by her parents; Fred Callie Sterling and Ella Lee Boyd Sterling; husband: Roy C. Cooley; and her brother: Virgil Fred Sterling.
- Ryan Cooley
- Robbie Lee
- Seth Ivey
- Daniel Cooley
- Justin Waddle
- Sterling Cooley
- Justin Cooley
- In lieu of flowers, the family wishes memorials be made to the Alzheimer's Association at act.alz.org/donate on Ann's behalf.
- A Time of Visiation with Ann's Family Sunday, July 29, 2018
- A Celebration of Ann's Life Monday, July 30, 2018
Anna "Ann" Lee Cooley
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
July 30, 2018
I worked for Durwin Cooley in the Sabine Middle School office for a number of years. On several occasions I had the opportunity to visit with Mrs. Ann Cooley by phone or when she would come into the office. She always had a smile on her face and such a soft and kind voice. One particular day she was having to wait a few minutes and she and I began to talk. During the conversation, with a big smile on her face she shared just how much she loved “her boys”! I’ve never forgotten that and there was no doubt that she loved all three of them with her whole entire being.
The Cooley family was blessed to have her as their mother and Nana. Cherish the memories!
July 30, 2018
Dennis and family
"May the peace which comes from the memories of love shared, comfort you now and in the days ahead."