Joyce Ann Windham Carroll
July 16, 1944 – March 7, 2018
Joyce Ann Windham Carroll July 16,1944-March 7, 2018
Joyce was born in Center, TX on July 16, 1944. She was a second child out of seven children born to Dovie Katherine Windham and Jarrett Junior Windham. She is preceded in death by her husband of 55 years, Kenneth Wayne Carroll; her parents Dovie and Jarrett Windham, as well as five siblings; Bob Allen Windham, Katherine Vernell Cador, Helen Elaine Bourland and Perry Lee Windham. She is survived by one sister of Diana, TX, Penny Marie Risinger and her husband Robert; one brother Roy Dale Windham of Houma, LA; sons: Steven Douglas Carroll and wife Kim of Gilmer, TX, and Ronald Wayne Carroll of Longview, TX; daughter Sonia Ann Carroll Beck and husband Scott of Longview, TX; as well as two granddaughters of Longview, TX, Sara Elizebeth Sallee and Kristen Ann Beck.
Joyce attended Joaquin High School and graduated in 1962. Kenneth and Joyce were married February 7, 1963 in Center, Texas and moved to Diana, Texas where they lived happily raising a family for 55 years. Joyce was a member of the First Presbyterian Church in Diana. Joyce was a taxi driver for the city of Longview, a waitress for the Toddle House and a seamstress for a sewing factory in Gilmer, Texas. She also went to work for Southwest Steel Casting Company in 1982. She was a beloved employee for thirty five years. She started in the core room and worked her way up to the chemical lab running pre-lems. She was a staple in that lab for over 20 years. If you walked in that lab, you saw Joyce and she always welcomed you with candy. She was the perfect wife, mother, sister and an incredible friend to have. She was a beautiful person to know and a delight to talk to. She cut a wide path in this world so dark that she filled it with love, laughter and light. We love her greatly. We will miss her very much. She was our angel sent from heaven.
A time of visitation with her family will be from 7 to 9 p.m. on Friday, March 9, 2018 at Lakeview Funeral Home. A service remembering her life will be held at 10 a.m. on Saturday, March 10, 2018 at the Chapel of Lakeview Funeral Home. Interment will follow at Lakeview Memorial Gardens.
- Steven Douglas Carroll, Son
- Kim Carroll, Steven's Wife
- Ronald Wayne Carroll, Son
- Sonia Ann Carroll Beck, Daughter
- Scott Beck, Sonia's Husband
- Sara Elizabeth Sallee, Granddaughter
- Kristen Ann Beck, Granddaughter
- Penny Marie Risinger, Sister
- Robert Risinger, Penny's Husband
- Roy Dale Windham, Brother
- She is preceded in death by her husband of 55 years, Kenneth Wayne Carroll; her parents Dovie and Jarrett Windham, as well as five siblings; Bob Allen Windham, Katherine Vernell Cador, Helen Elaine Bourland and Perry Lee Windham.
- Robert Risinger
- Scott Shafer
- Blake Shafer
- Scott Beck
- Brian Beck
- Richard Emhoolah
- A Time of Visitation with Her Family Friday, March 9, 2018
- A Service Remembering Joyce's Life Saturday, March 10, 2018
Joyce Ann Windham Carroll
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES