July 8, 1935 – October 16, 2020
Charles A. Pyles, 85, of Lubbock, passed from this life October 16, 2020. He was born in Hamilton, Illinois on July 8, 1935 to the late Alva and Hattie Pyles. On September 30, 1954 he enlisted in the United States Navy, where he served until transferring to the Reserves June 30, 1958. While serving in the Navy, he met and married the love of his life Glenda Ballew, on December 8, 1957.
Charles was employed by Plains Meat Company as a meat cutter until his retirement. After retiring he was able to enjoy his passion for carpentry, fishing, attending church activities and spending time with his loving family.
Charles was preceded in death by his parents, 15 siblings and 2 son-in-laws.
Those left to cherish his memory are his wife, Glenda; son, Tim Pyles and wife Tonya of Odessa; daughter, Tina Wilson of Lubbock; 7 grandchildren, 15 great grandchildren and 6 great great grandchildren.
- Brain Pyles, Honorary Pallbearer
- Charlie Bankston, Honorary Pallbearer
- Clinton Thetford, Honorary Pallbearer
- Logan Schlur, Honorary Pallbearer
- Timothy Pyles, Honorary Pallbearer
- Scott Pyles, Honorary Pallbearer
- Randy Daniels, Honorary Pallbearer
- Kelly Hedgecock, Honorary Pallbearer
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Resthaven's Abbey Chapel
Resthaven Memorial Park