E. W. "Fritz" Richards
March 4, 1933 – July 6, 2018
Celebration of Life Services for E. W. “Fritz” Richards, 85 of Lubbock will be held at 10 am, Wed, July11, 2018 at the Kent Hance Chapel at Texas Tech. Interment with military honors will follow at Resthaven Memorial Park. A visitation will be held from 5-7 PM, Tue, July 10, 2018. Fritz passed from this life Friday, July 6, 2018.
He was born March 4, 1933 in Bavaria, KS to the late Clifford Wesley and Minnie (Henry) Richards. He served in the United States Air Force from 1952 -1956, and during this time he met and married the love of his life Gladys Brogden, on June 5, 1954 in Lubbock, TX.
Fritz and Gladys made their home in Olton, Texas where he was very active in the Olton community supporting many organizations such as the Olton Baseball Association, the local FFA and 4-H Chapters. In 1968 He became the manager of Olton Grain Coop where he received several awards such as the Texas Federation of Cooperatives Award in 1975 and the TACC Distinguished Service Award in 1998. After spending a lifetime in the grain industry he retired in 1998.
Fritz was preceded in death by his parents, wife, Gladys, brother, Tony Leister, sister Florence Gebhart and a very special niece Jeanne Pohlman.
Those left to honor and cherish his memory are his children, Jack W. Richards and wife, Susan of Southlake Jeannie Stevens and husband, Dale of Lubbock and Dr. Robert Richards D.V.M. and wife Kristie of Idalou, grandchildren Kali and Jackson Richards, Morgan Rigsbee, Kelsey Ellison and husband Nathan, Kaeley and Riley Richards, grand grandchildren, Jadyn and Andrew Rigsbee, brother, Verlyn Richards of Manhattan, KS., his very special nieces, Kay Laubhan and husband Vern, Karen Perry and husband, Jim and Joanne Pridey and husband Roger, and Randy Pohlma, longtime family friend, Gene Laughlin and numerous great-nieces, great-nephews and friends. In lieu of flowers the family requests donations be made to the E.W. Richards Covenant Palliative Care Team in care of Peoples Bank 5820 82nd Street, Lubbock, TX 79424.
Arrangements are under the direction of Resthaven Funeral Home & Memorial Park, Lubbock, TX. Online condolences may be offered on our website at www.resthavenfuneralhome.com.
- Clifford and Minnie Richards, Parents
- Gladys Richards, Wife
- Tony Leister, Brother
- Florence Gebhart, Sister
- Jeanne Pohlman, Very Special Niece
- Jack W. Richards and wife, Susan, Jeannie Stevens and husband, Dale, and Dr. Robert Richards D.V.M. and wife, Kristie, Children
- Kali and Jackson Richards, Morgan Rigsbee, Kelsey Ellison and husband, Nathan, and Kaeley and Riley Richards, Grandchildren
- Jadyn and Andrew Rigsbee, Great-grandchildren
- Verlyn Richards, Brother
- Kay Laubhan and husband, Vern, Karen Perry and husband, Jim, Joanne Pridey and husband, Roger, and Randy Pohlma, Special Nieces
- Gene Laughlin, Long-time Friend
- Numerous great-nieces, great-nephews and friends
- Riley Richards
- Jackson Richards
- Randy Pohlman
- Roger Pridey
- Leland Richards
- Greg Allen
- Floyd Light, Honorary Pallbearer
- Aubrey Smyth, Honorary Pallbearer
- Robert Struve, Honorary Pallbearer
- R.V. Allcorn, Honorary Pallbearer
- Dan Quigley
- Dewey Hukill
the E.W. Richards Covenant Palliative Care Team in care of Peoples Bank
5820 82nd St., Lubbock, Texas 79424
- Visitation Tuesday, July 10, 2018
- Funeral Service Wednesday, July 11, 2018
E. W. "Fritz" Richards
July 9, 2018
Fritz rest in peace . Such a great mentor to me and my brother over the years growing up and in the grain trade after college. I have many stockshow memories with his family. My thoughts and prayers to Jack. Robert and Jeanie and family.
With love to family,
Coby Livesay and family