Eduardo Champion Jr.
March 18, 1932 – April 12, 2018
It is with great sadness that the family of Eduardo Champion Jr, announce his passing after a brief illness on April 12th 2018, at 86 years of age.
Eduardo “Waro” will be lovingly remembered by his wife Paula of 68 years. He was a member of Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church, and he was a Guadalupano.
Eduardo is survived by his wife, Paula, three daughters, Yolanda Alonzo, Katherine Champion, Becky Champion (Brian Dietrich), three sons, Daniel Garcia (Laura), Edward Champion III (Eloisa), and Andres Champion (Victor Schmidt), his sister Lily. 16 grandchildren, 39 great-grandchildren, and 5 great-great grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three sisters: Lupe, Fedila, and Delores, three brothers: David, Carlos, and Ernesto, and two sons-in-laws John Albert Chavarria and Johnny Alonzo.
Visitation will be held at 3:00-P.M. on Sunday, April 15th 2018, followed by a Rosary at 6 P.M. at Resthaven’s Abbey Chapel, 5740 W. 19th St. Lubbock, TX 79407.
A Funeral service will be held at 1:00 PM, Monday, April 16th, 2018 at Resthaven’s Abbey Chapel, followed by Interment in Resthaven Memorial Park.
- Eduardo Sr. and Estefana Champion, Parents
- David, Carlos and Ernesto, Brothers
- Lupe, Fedila and Delores, Sisters
- John Albert Chavarria and Johnny Alonzo, Sons-in-law
- Paula Champion, Wife
- Yolanda Alonzo, Katherine Champion, Becky Champion (Brian Dietrich), Daniel Garcia (Laura), Edward Champion III (Eloisa) and Andres Champion (Victor Schmidt), Children
- Lily ~, Sister
- 16 Grandchildren, ~
- 39 Great-grandchildren, ~
- 5 Great-great-grandchildren, ~
- Ernest Alonzo
- John Chavarria
- Michael Chavarria
- Adam Vasquez
- Norberto Anaya
- Al Champion
- Visitation Sunday, April 15, 2018
- Rosary Sunday, April 15, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, April 16, 2018