Maria L. Burrola
May 8, 1942 – January 9, 2019
Mary Lou Burrola, 76 of Lubbock, (formerly of O’Donnell) passed away peacefully on January 9, 2019. Mary Lou was a loving wife and mother, sister and friend.
She enjoyed gardening and was an avid Texas Tech Football fan. Before moving to Lubbock, she was a very active and faithful member of St. Pius X Catholic Church and worked in the O’Donnell ISD School Cafeteria for many years.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 36 years, Marty Burrola; parents, Manuel and Tula Sanchez; sister, Gertrudes Sanchez; nephews: Michael Sanchez, Aaron Cruz, and Matthew Sanchez; brothers-in-law: Rene Ramirez, Sr. and Angel Ramirez, and sister-in-law, Mary Sanchez.
Left to cherish her memory are her daughter, Belinda; six siblings: Manuel (Leticia) Sanchez, Jr., Bertha Ramirez, Carmen Ramirez, George (Sally) Sanchez, Rosie (Juan) Zapata, and Arnold (Diane) Sanchez, numerous nieces, nephews, in-laws, and friends.
The family would like to express their gratitude to Dr. Rodolfo Martinez and the staff at Joe Arrington Cancer Treatment and Research Center, as well as Hospice of Lubbock.
- Manuel and Tula Sanchez, Parents
- Marty Burrola, Husband
- Gertrudes Sanchez, Sister
- Michael Sanchez, Aaron Cruz and Matthew Sanchez, Nephews
- Rene Ramirez, Sr. and Angel Ramirez, Brothers-in-law
- Mary Sanchez, Sister-in-law
- Belinda Burrola, Daughter
- Manuel (Leticia) Sanchez, Jr., Bertha Ramirez, Carmen Ramirez, George (Sally) Sanchez, Rosie (Juan) Zapata, and Arnold (Diane) Sanchez, Siblings
- numerous nieces, nephews, in-laws, and friends.
- Rosary Friday, January 11, 2019
- Funeral Mass Saturday, January 12, 2019
Maria L. Burrola
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
Evita De los santos
January 12, 2019
This is Eva, and on behave of the ODONNELL cafeteria ladies.We would like to say how sorry we are to hear of the loss of Mary Lou...I worked with her for 18 years before she retired. She was a very smart and organized lady. I remember her always talking of how she was going to home to take care of her yard . Above all , her family and God were her passion. May God bless you and continue to give you peace and strength that only He can give... Eva D.