Myrtabelle "Tommie" Julian
July 17, 1926 – April 11, 2018
Myrtabelle (Tommie) Julian, 91, of Crosbyton and formerly of Idalou, passed away on April 11, 2018. She was born in Eldorado, Oklahoma to parents Sherman and Willie Hinsley.
She married Ernest “Tooter” Julian in Oxnard, California. He preceded her in death on January 24, 2012. Together, they owned and operated the Dairy Drive Inn in Idalou for 30 years. She was an accomplished artist, enjoying crocheting, crafting, painting and gardening. She also enjoyed crossword puzzles and coloring books. Tommie was also preceded in death by her parents, four sisters and three brothers.
She is survived by a daughter, Peggy O’Neal and husband Harley of Idalou, TX; one son, Gary Julian and wife Jennifer of Scotland, TX; a sister, Barbara Munsell of California, five grandchildren, Clifton O’Neal and wife Jennifer of Idalou, Heath W. Julian of Wichita Falls, TX, Zane Hilbers and wife Tiffany, and Dillon Hilbers all of Archer City, TX and Jaron Hilbers and wife, Summer of Wichita Falls, TX; two great-granddaughters, Ellie Ann O’Neal of Idalou, TX and Jayden Hilbers of Wichita Falls, TX; a great-grandson, Brady O’Neal of Idalou, TX; and a niece, Sharon Julian Judd of Lubbock.
A visitation will be held on Friday, April 13, 2018 from 6-8 PM at Resthaven Funeral Home in Lubbock. Funeral Service will be held on Saturday, April 14, 2018 at 10 AM in Resthaven’s Abbey Chapel with interment following in Resthaven Memorial Park.
The family suggests memorials to Kindred Hospice or to Idalou Meals on Wheels. Online condolences may be offered at www.resthavenfuneralhome.com.
- Charles and Evelyn Campbell, Parents
- Ernest "Tooter" Julian, Husband
- 4 Sisters and 3 Brothers, Siblings
- Gary Julian and wife, Jennifer, Son
- Peggy O'Neal and husband, Harley, Daughter
- Barbara Munsell, Sister
- Clifton O'Neal and wife, Jennifer, Heath W. Julian, Zane Hilbers and wife, Tiffany, Dillon Hilbers, Jaron Hilbers and wife, Summer, Grandchildren
- Ellie Ann O'Neal, Jayden Hilbers and Brady O'Neal, Great-grandchildren
- Sharon Julian Judd, Niece
- Zane Hilbers
- Jaron Hilbers
- Heath Julian
- Clifton O'Neal
- Richard Johnson
- James Gregorcyk
- Visitation Friday, April 13, 2018
- Funeral Services Saturday, April 14, 2018