Alpha Robertson Payne Ware
January 9, 1932 – November 30, 2019
Alpha Robertson Payne Ware, 87, of Lynchburg passed away Saturday, November 30, 2019 at Liberty Ridge Health and Rehab. Twice married she was the wife of the late Walter James Payne and the late James Ralph Ware.
Born in Lynchburg on January 9, 1932 she was a daughter of the late John Munford Robertson and Ollie Carwile Robertson. She was a retired employee of Frances Denny Company and a member of College Hill Baptist Church.
In addition to her husbands and parents she was preceded in death by a sister, Iva Childress Johnson and a nephew, Carlton Skinnell.
She is survived by a sister, Irene R. Skinnell of Bedford; and two nephews, Malcolm Childress, Jr. of Lynchburg, and Carroll Skinnell of Bedford; and a special friend, Bonnie Wiles who was like a daughter to her.
A graveside service will be conducted at 11:00 a.m. Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at Spring Hill Cemetery with the Rev. Jim Whitaker officiating. The family will receive friends from 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, December 4, 2019 at Whitten Timberlake Chapel.
- Walter Payne, Husband (deceased)
- James R. Ware, Husband (deceased)
- John Munford Robertson, Father (deceased)
- Ollie Carwile Robertson, Mother (deceased)
- Iva R. Johnson, Sister (deceased)
- Carlton l. Skinnell, Nephew (deceased)
- Irene R. Skinnell, Sister
- Malcolm R. Childress, Jr., Nephew
- Carroll Skinnell, Nephew
- Bonnie Wiles, Special Friend
- Visitation Tuesday, December 3, 2019
- Graveside Service Wednesday, December 4, 2019