Henry Gay Stimmel
July 4, 1952 – November 3, 2019
Henry Gay Stimmel, 67, of Lynchburg passed away Sunday, November 3, 2019. He was the husband of Karen Sue McMinn Stimmel. He was born July 4, 1952, in Connellsville, PA.
Henry was a custodian for the University of Virginia Medical Center and served our country in the United States Army.
In addition to his parents, Henry was preceded in death by two brothers, Emerson Newell and Carl Stimmel.
In addition to his wife, Henry is survived by three children, Heath Stimmel of Independence, MO, Janet S. Martinez and her husband Noel of Adrien, MO and Rebekah Stimmel of Hume, MO; one stepson, James McMinn and his fiancée Ellen Hey of Warrenton, VA; four grandchildren, Kearstin Stimmel, Alyssa Stimmel, Michael Lopez and Noel Martinez, Jr.; and other loving family members and friends.
A memorial service will be conducted 5:00 p.m., Sunday, November 10, 2019, at Whitten Timberlake Chapel with Pastor Jonathan Falwell and Pastor David Moquin officiating. The family will receive friends following the service until 6:30 p.m. at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Centra’s Bridges Behavioral Health Center on Leesville Road in Lynchburg.
To send online condolences to the family, please visit www.whittentimberlake.com.
Whitten Timberlake Chapel is serving the family, (434) 239-0331.
- Emerson Newell, Brother (deceased)
- Carl Stimmel, Brother (deceased)
- Karen McMinn Stimmel, Wife
- Heath Stimmel, Son
- Janet S. Martinez, Daughter
- Noel Martinez, Son-in-law
- Rebekah Stimmel, Daughter
- James McMinn and his fiancee' Ellen Hey, Stepson
- Kearstin Stimmel, Granddaughter
- Alyssa Stimmel, Granddaughter
- Michael Lopez, Grandson
- Noel Martinez, Jr., Grandson
- Mr. Stimmel is also survived by other loving family members and friends.
- Centra's Bridges Behavioral Health Center
- Memorial Service Sunday, November 10, 2019
- Visitation following the Service Sunday, November 10, 2019
Henry Gay Stimmel
November 10, 2019
Henry will be missed. Although it’s been many years since I saw him I will miss the phone conversations we had sharing memories of our family times together. Even though he left us unexpectedly I have faith that he is with the Lord. Since he had shared his Love for Christ many times to me. Prayers for all of his family and friends.
November 7, 2019
As Henry was married and divorced from my sister. I remember him as a easy going guy. He loved his children. He was a good guy. Sending my condolences and prayers to all his family and friends.