Juanita Hackworth Harman
June 2, 1922 – April 11, 2019
Juanita Hackworth Harman, 96, of Bedford passed away Thursday, April 11, 2019, at Guggenheimer Nursing Home. She was the wife of the late Charles Lee Harman. Born June 2, 1922, in Lynchburg, she was the daughter of the late Monsie Hackworth and the late Thelma West Hackworth Beale.
Juanita was a retired executive secretary for General Electric, where she served for 17 years.
Juanita is survived by her daughter, Sharon H. Hienkle and her husband Harold of Bedford; stepson, John Harman and his wife Pat of Bluefield; two granddaughters, Tiffany H. Kidd and her husband Mike of Forest and Kymberly H. Harvey and her husband Philip of Bedford; and six great grandchildren, Gavin Porpora, Michael Kidd, Katie Kidd, Taylor Harvey, Samantha Harvey and Jackson Harvey.
A graveside service will be conducted 2:00 p.m., Monday, April 15, 2019, at Fort Hill Memorial Park with the Rev. David Heerspink officiating. There will be no visitation hours at the funeral home.
To send online condolences to the family, please visit www.whittentimberlake.com.
Whitten Timberlake Chapel is serving the family, (434) 239-0331.
- Monsie Hackworth, Father
- Thelma West Hackworth Beale, Mother
- Charles Lee Harman, Husband
- Sharon H. Hienkle, Daughter
- Harold Hienkle, Son-in-law
- John Harman, Stepson
- Pat Harman, Daughter-in-law
- Tiffany Kidd, Granddaughter
- Kymberly Harvey, Granddaughter
- Gavin Porpora, Great Grandchild
- Michael Kidd, Great Grandchild
- Katie Kidd, Great Grandchild
- Taylor Harvey, Great Grandchild
- Samantha Harvey, Great Grandchild
- Jackson Harvey, Great Grandchild
- Gavin Porpora
- Michael Kidd
- Taylor Harvey
- Samantha Harvey
- Mike Kidd
- Philip Harvey
- Graveside Service Monday, April 15, 2019