Murial Preston Bishel
November 14, 1924 – May 16, 2018
Muriel Preston Bishel, 93, of Fairfax and formerly of Lynchburg passed away on Wednesday, May 16, 2018. She was the loving wife of the late John Phillips Bishel.
Born on November 14, 1924 in Lynchburg, she was the daughter of the late Hawes Berry Hughes, Sr. and the late Mattie Hawkins Hughes. Muriel enjoyed working in her flower garden, dancing with her husband, and taking care of her family.
In addition to her parents and husband, she is preceded in death by a son, Dale Bishel; sister, Martha Hughes; and brother, HB Hughes, Jr.
She is survived by her children, Kenneth Bishel (Valerie), Robert Bishel (Jeanne), Ellen Bishel (Rick), and Dan Bishel (Meijin); three grandchildren, Mickey, Marie, and Johnathan; one great grandchild; and numerous other family members.
The family will receive friends from 6 to 8 pm on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at Whitten Park Avenue.
A graveside service will be held at 11 am on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at Spring Hill Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, the family suggests memorial contributions be made to a charity of your choice.
- Hawes Berry Hughes Sr., Father
- Mattie Hawkins Hughes, Mother
- John Phillips Bishel, Husband
- Kenneth Bishel (Valerie), Son
- Robert Bishel (Jeanne), Son
- Ellen Bishel (Rick), Daughter
- Dan Bishel (Meijin), Son
- Martha Hughes, Sister
- HB Hughes Jr., Brother
- Murial is also survived by three grandchildren, Mickey, Marie, and Johnathan and one great grandchild.
- Charity of your choice
- Visitation Tuesday, May 29, 2018
- Graveside Service Wednesday, May 30, 2018