Phyllis Ann Martin
August 16, 1950 – May 16, 2019
Phyllis Ann Martin, 68, of Lynchburg, passed away on Thursday, May 16, 2019 at Lynchburg General Hospital.
Born on August 16, 1950 in Lynchburg, she was the daughter of the late Dawson William Martin, Sr. and the late Margaret Cousins Martin. Phyllis was caregiver to many, including her siblings, nieces, nephews, and neighborhood children.
In addition to her parents, she is preceded in death by a brother, Baxter Fleming Martin.
Phyllis is survived by her siblings, Ted Martin, Charles Martin and wife Candis, Hattie Chittum, Dawson Martin, Jr. and wife Cindy, Betty Martin, George Martin and wife Nicole, and Kathy Martin and numerous nieces and nephews, great nieces and nephews, and great great nieces and nephews.
The family will receive friends from 6 to 8 pm on Sunday, May 19, 2019 at Whitten Park Avenue Chapel. A funeral service will be held at 11 am on Monday, May 20, 2019 at Whitten Park Avenue Chapel, with Pastor Bill Evans officiating. Interment will follow at Pugh Family Cemetery.
- Dawson William Martin Sr., Father
- Margaret Cousins Martin, Mother
- Ted Martin, Brother
- Charles Martin and wife Candis, Brother
- Hattie Chittum, Sister
- Dawson Martin, Jr. and wife Cindy, Brother
- Betty Martin, Sister
- George Martin and wife Nicole, Brother
- Baxter Fleming Martin, Brother
- Kathy Martin, Sister
- Phyllis is also survived by numerous nieces and nephews, great nieces and nephes, and great great nieces and nephews.
- Ted Martin
- Charles Martin
- Dawson Martin, Jr.
- George Martin
- Carlton "CR" Padgett
- John Lacy "LJ" Agnew, Jr.
- Visitation Sunday, May 19, 2019
- Funeral Service Monday, May 20, 2019