Richard Gerald Johnson
March 3, 1940 – October 13, 2018
Richard Gerald Johnson, 78, of Lynchburg, passed away on Saturday, October 13, 2018. He was the husband of the late Barbara Ann Thomas Johnson for 52 years.
Born on March 3, 1940 in Richmond, he was the son of the late Frank Albert Johnson and the late Frances Vaughan Zimmerly. Richard worked for Winns Precision and was a member of Blue Ridge Community Church. He enjoyed fishing and taking long drives.
In addition to his parents and wife, he is preceded in death by two brothers, Chucky and Eddie Johnson.
Richard is survived by his children, Barbara Mullen and husband Sean, Rebecca Harvey and husband Harry, Frank Johnson, and Richard Zimmerly; nine grandchildren; 5 great grandchildren; a step-sister, Cindy; and numerous other family members and friends.
A period of visitation will be held on Friday, November 2, 2018 from 6 to 7:30 pm at Whitten Park Avenue Chapel.
- Frank Albert Johnson, Father
- Frances Vaughan Zimmerly, Mother
- Barbara Ann Thomas Johnson, Wife
- Chucky Johnson, Brother
- Eddie Johnson, Brother
- Barbara and Sean Mullen, Daughter
- Rebecca and Harry Johnson, Daughter
- Frank Johnson, Son
- Richard Zimmerly, Son
- Richard is survived by nine grandchildren, five great grandchildren, step-sister, Cindy, and numerous other family members and friends.
- Visitation Friday, November 2, 2018