Rudolph Tolbert Tidwell Sr.
September 15, 1937 – January 7, 2019
Rudolph Tolbert Tidwell Sr., 81, of Gladys, passed away on Monday, January 7, 2019, at his residence. He was the loving husband of Joyce St. John Tidwell.
Born on September 15, 1937, in Eldridge, Ala., he was the son of the late Roosevelt Tidwell and the late Eula Tidwell. Rudolph retired from Archer Creek Foundry and enjoyed mechanical work. He also enjoyed racing and doing charity work at nursing homes and churches.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by two brothers, Jerry and Everette; and five sisters, Roosevelt, Willodean, Jessie, Helen, and Elizabeth.
Rudolph is survived by his wife, Joyce Tidwell; sons, Kenny Tidwell and wife, Janet, twins, Ray Tidwell and wife, Sherry and Randy Tidwell and wife, Donna, Curtis Tidwell, and Rudolph Tidwell Jr. and wife, Charity; daughter, Joy Tyree and husband, Faron; two stepdaughters, Kathy Fisher and husband, Butch and Debbie Mann and husband, Donnie; 11 grandchildren, two step-grandchildren, 10 great-grandchildren, numerous great step-grandchildren; brother, Jimmy Tidwell; sister, Loraine Tidwell; and numerous other family members and friends.
A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. on Thursday, January 10, 2019, at Whitten Timberlake Chapel with Pastor Bill Evans officiating. Interment will follow at Fort Hill Memorial Park. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service starting at 1 pm.
- Roosevelt Tidwall, Father
- Eula Tidwell, Mother
- Joyce St. John Tidwell, Wife
- Kenny Tidwell and wife Janet, Son
- Ray Tidwell and wife Sherry, Son
- Randy Tidwell and wife Donna, Son
- Curtis Tidwell, Son
- Rudolph Tidwell, Jr. and wife Charity, Son
- Joy Tyree and husband Faron, Daughter
- Kathy Fisher and husband Butch, Step-Daughter
- Debbie Mann and husband Donnie, Step-Daughter
- Jimmy Tidwell, Brother
- Loraine Tidwell, Sister
- Rudolph is preceded in death by two brothers, Jerry and Everette; and five sisters, Roosevelt, Willodean, Jessie, Helen, and Elizabeth. He is also survived by 11 grandchildren, two step-grandchildren, 10 great grandchildren, numerous step-grandchildren and other family members and friends.
- John Farmer
- Nick Wade
- Tony Tidwell
- John Tidwell
- Chris Tidwell
- DJ Mann
- Visitation Thursday, January 10, 2019
- Funeral Service Thursday, January 10, 2019