Mrs. Carol Ann Walther
November 14, 1941 – September 6, 2019
Carol Ann Walther, 77, of Mabank, TX died on the morning of September 6, 2019. Carol was born on November 14, 1941 in Crossville, Illinois to parents Rupert Robert and Frances Margaret (Quong) Buckle. Carol graduated from Salem, IL High School and Carroll University in Waukesha, WI. She married the love of her life, Glen Walther, on August 10, 1963 in Dallas, Texas. Together they built a wonderful life with their three beautiful children. Carol worked as a flight attendant for American Airlines before becoming a full time mom. The family settled in Mabank, TX in 1984 where she began working in real estate for Johnson Monroe Realty until her passing. Carol loved playing Bridge and was a member of two Bridge groups. She was creative and enjoyed arts and crafts. Carol was an avid reader and enjoyed working outside in her garden. She loved flowers. Her favorites were Gerber Daisies. Carol was a wonderful cook and always made something special for her children and grandchildren every holiday. Carol loved the people of her community. She never met a stranger and would help anyone. Carol was a cherished wife, admired mother and beloved grandmother and great-grandmother. She will be immensely missed by those who knew and loved her. Carol was preceded in death by her parents, son John Walther, granddaughter Jordyn Walther and brother Bob Buckle. She is survived by her loving husband, Glen Walther of Mabank, son Kort Walther and wife Tammy of San Antonio, son Gregg Walther and wife Leigh of Frisco, daughter Kristen Walther Merkins and husband Joel of Carrollton, by grandchildren Derek Walther and wife Whitney, Kory Walther, Troy Childress, Quentin McDonald and wife Naomi, Dylan Walther, Morgan Carlson, Alex Carlson, Clayton Merkins, Hailey Merkins and Jennifer Merkins and by great-grandchildren, Tannen, Aisley and Rianne, other loving family members and many more lifelong friends.
- Rupert Robert and Frances Margaret (Quong) Buckle, Parents (deceased)
- John Walther, Son (deceased)
- Jordyn Walther, Granddaughter (deceased)
- Bob Buckle, Brother (deceased)
- Glen Walther, Loving Husband
- Kort Walther and wife Tammy, Son
- Gregg Walther and wife Leigh, Son
- Kristen Walther Merkins and husband Joel, Daughter
- Carol also leaves behind her precious grandchildren; Derek Walther and wife Whitney, Kory Walther, Troy Childress, Quentin McDonald and wife Naomi, Dylan Walther, Morgan Carlson, Alex Carlson, Clayton Merkins, Hailey Merkins and Jennifer Merkins, great-grandchildren; Tannen, Aisley and Rianne, other loving family members and many more lifelong friends.
- Visitation Sunday, September 15, 2019
- Funeral Service Monday, September 16, 2019
Mrs. Carol Ann Walther
September 16, 2019
Carol and I were craft partners a few years ago. We made shelf sitting block Santas. We painted blocks and organized the bags with all the supplies for each crafter. We had so much fun laughing and working together. Carol was a wonderful friend. She loved people and was a great friend to everyone. She always sent me an email for every holiday. I enjoyed her notes and cards. She will be dearly missed.
September 10, 2019
I just saw Carol in WalMart the day after she had minor surgery. She had her big sunglasses on, and looked adorable...like a movie star. I loved her very much and will miss her. God bless Glenn and the children. My thoughts and prayers are for you these days.
September 8, 2019
Carol was a kind and loving person who showed care and concern for those around her. She was funny; loved to laugh and made those around her feel good!
She showed unconditional love and acceptance.
Now she joins the Angels, even though that’s what she was on earth.
Happy trails to you, dear one!