April 25, 1963 – February 14, 2021
Steven Kurt Goodson was born on April 25, 1963 to parents Clyde Goodson and Pat Vogel. He entered into eternal rest on February 14, 2021 at the age of 57. Kurt was a kind and generous man who loved his family more than anything in this world. He was a devoted husband, loving father and Papaw, wonderful son and dedicated brother and uncle. Kurt was an avid Dallas Cowboys fan, he has and entire game room full of memorabilia. On game day he could always be found cheering on his team. Kurt enjoyed cooking and was always friendly and outgoing; he was a happy go lucky guy. He worked hard to provide a good life for his family, spending 16 years with TL James, 16 years with the Cedar Creek Auction as the general manager and 3 years as a dozer operator for Lane and Mitchell Construction. When Kurt had free time his favorite pastime was being with his beloved family and making precious memories that they will all carry with them in his absence. He loved playing video games with all the kids and they would sit and play for hours. Kurt was well loved and will be truly missed by all those who knew him. Kurt was preceded in death by his grandparents, Tom and Edlean Vogel, Clyde and Lodella Goodson; sisters, Sharlen Goodson, Donna Lancaster; son, Chris McGee. He is survived by his beloved wife, Martha “Marty” Goodson; parents, Pat Lancaster, Clyde “Buddy” Goodson; children, Bradley “Chad” McGee and wife Tammy, Brittany Thibodeaux and husband J.R., Amanda Guilbeau; sisters, Mendi Bailey and husband Leslie, Katheryn Courson and husband Buck, Christina Vent and husband Shannon; grandchildren, Caden, Jeston and Peyton Thibodeaux, Jalynn and Sadie McGee; nephews, Kyle Jordan and wife Barbara, Kasey Jordan, Kaleb Bailey, Tanner Qualls, Randall and Tony Courson, Dylan Clark, Cody and Joseph Humble; nieces, Leanne Hitzemann and Audrey Lewis. The family would like to extend a special thank you to the amazing caregivers and staff of The Hospice of East Texas in Tyler for their love and compassion in caring for Kurt in his last days. Kurt also leaves behind many other loved ones and lifelong friends.
- Tom and Edlean Vogel, Maternal Grandparents (deceased)
- Clyde and Lodella Goodson, Paternal Grandparents
- Sharlen Goodson, Donna Lancaster, Sisters (deceased)
- Chris McGee, Son (deceased)
- Martha "Marty" Goodson, Beloved Wife
- Pat Lancaster, Mother
- Clyde "Buddy" Goodson, Father
- Mendi Bailey and Leslie, Sister and Husband
- Katheryn Courson and Buck, Sister and Husband
- Christina Vent and Shannon, Sister and Husband
- Bradley "Chad" McGee and Tammy, Son and Wife
- Brittany Thibodeaux and J.R., Daughter and Husband
- Amanda Gilbeau, Daughter
- Caden, Jeston, Peyton Thibodeaux, Grandsons
- Jalynn and Sadie McGee, Granddaughters
- Kyle Jordan and Barbara, Nephew and Wife
- Kasey Jordan, Kaleb Bailey, Tanner Qualls, Tony Courson, Dylan Clark, Cody Humble, Joseph Humble, Nephews
- Leanne Hitzemann, Audrey Lewis, Nieces
- Jeston Thibodeaux, Pallbearer
- Caden Thibodeaux, Pallbearer
- Peyton Thibodeaux, Pallbearer
- Kaleb Bailey, Pallbearer
- Buck Courson, Pallbearer
- Chad McGee, Pallbearer
- Kyle Jordan, Honorary Pallbearer
- Kasie Jordan, Honorary Pallbearer
- J.R. Thibodeaux, Honorary Pallbearer
- A.J. Primeaux, Honorary Pallbearer
- Joseph Humble, Honorary Pallbearer
- Cody Humble, Honorary Pallbearer
Monday, February 22, 2021
Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Tuesday, February 23, 2021
February 22, 2021
Pat..I am so sorry to hear about Kurt..he was always so friendly and the two of you had a bond that was amazing, you will miss him but just think of the memories that will last you for many years. I love you and if you need anything..to talk or whatever always know that I’m here..
February 20, 2021
I remember the first time I met Kurt in July 1999 through a visit with my friend Marty.
I had a really nice visit which I’ll always remember.
February 19, 2021
Pat and Mindy...I am so sorry to hear about Kurt. I always enjoyed working with him at the auction. He was always so nice. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
February 19, 2021
Kurt was the best brother-in-law a person could have. I remember visiting them and us cutting up in his favorite room. The Cowboys Room. He was so proud of his Cowboys collection. Which was really awesome. Kurt RIP until we meet again.
February 18, 2021
Pat and Mindy ..I am so sorry to hear this . Kurt was such a nice man..we all loved him. I am sorry I can't make his service but will say prayers for all of you.
Love Pam and Larry OBrien