Ms. Montez Pierce
June 7, 1928 – June 26, 2019
Montez Smith Pierce went to be with her Lord and Savior on June 26, 2019. Montez was born on June 7, 1928 in Bell County, Troy, Texas to Evalena Permenter Smith and Adrian R. Smith. She is preceded in death by her parents, husband Durwood D. Pierce, daughter Barbara Jean Mangum and brother Adrian Smith Jr. Montez worked for Allstate Insurance Co. almost 35 years. After retiring she and her husband moved to Cedar Creek Lake. They were very active in their church, Legendary Baptist, for over 20 years. Montez founded the Gun Barrel Quilt Guild in 1991. She loved quilting, cooking for her church , family and friends. Montez is survived by grandson Garry Mangum and wife Eva of Grand Prairie, granddaughter Pamela Oliver and husband Jerry of Rockwall, sister Billie York and husband Howard of Gun Barrel City, son-in-law Jerry W. Mangum of Gun Barrel City, nephew Howard T. York Jr. and wife Cindy of Mesquite, niece Sandra Speight and husband Gene of Rockwall, nephew Jacky L. York and wife Linda of Princeton, nephew Larry D. Smith of Houston and niece Debbie Smith of Houston, other loving family members and many more lifelong friends.
- Evalena Permenter Smith and Adrian R. Smith, Parents
- Durwood D. Pierce, Husband
- Barbara Jean Mangum, Daughter
- Adrian Smith Jr., Brother
- Garry Mangum and wife Eva, Grandson
- Pamela Oliver and husband Jerry, Granddaughter
- Billie York and husband Howard, Sister
- Jerry W. Mangum, Son-in-law
- Howard T. York Jr. and wife Cindy, Nephew
- Sandra Speight and husband Gene, Niece
- Jacky L. York and wife Linda, Nephew
- Larry D. Smith, Nephew
- Debbie Smith, Niece
- Montez also leaves behind other loving family members and many more lifelong friends.
- Troy Wallis, Pallbearer
- John Wallis, Pallbearer
- Jacob Wallis, Pallbearer
- Daniel Degarmo, Pallbearer
- Jason Compoc, Pallbearer
- Christopher Compoc, Pallbearer
- Joshua Demayo, Pallbearer
- Visitation Sunday, June 30, 2019
- Funeral Service Monday, July 1, 2019
- Graveside Service Monday, July 1, 2019
Ms. Montez Pierce
July 1, 2019
Montez was my Aunt. I grew up calling her Auntie and always did. Auntie was a big part of my life and the best Aunt you could ever have. She was very loving and caring. Her daughter, Barbara, and I grew up together and we were more like sisters than cousins. Auntie will always hold a special place in my heart and will be greatly missed. Even though she is no longer with us, I am so grateful she is no longer suffering. She is in a far better place and I know I will see her again some day. I love you Auntie!
June 30, 2019
Montez was a very special lady in my life. She and her husband welcomed me into their lives with no strings attached. They helped to guide me in personal and professional decisions. I loved listening to Dub singing along with his favorite songs on the radio and the way Montez would watch him with great love. Montez was very honest with her words and you knew she was, and it was always appreciated. My career took me in a different direction from their lives, but I was always welcome when I could come visit. They were friends that made me feel a part of their family. And, what a loving family! Montez, thank you for being my friend! With love, Diana Lewis
June 29, 2019
Montez was a loving aunt. We had some good times together. She was a big part of my childhood growing up.
May she Rest In Peace.