Mrs. Velma Juanita Nickelson-Leos
June 19, 1929 – August 28, 2018
Velma was born on June 19, 1929 in Dawn, Texas to parents Jonathan Monroe and Virginia Evelyn (Poindexter) Southard and entered into eternal rest on August 28, 2018 at the age of 89. Velma owned and operated Nickelson Plumbing Supply for 30 plus years. She was a member of Beacon Church of Christ. Velma enjoyed going to her senior aerobics class. She loved taking care of her family and spending time with them. Velma was an amazing lady, who will be missed by all who knew and loved her.
Velma was preceded in death by her parents, first husband William Arthur Nickelson, second husband Ignacio Leos, children; Olivia Carranca and Carmen Hernandez.
She is survived by her sons; Kerry Nickelson of Tool and Deryle Nickelson of Ft. Worth, grandchildren; Brandy Raburn, Lynsey Grissom, Brent Nickelson and Carrie Marie Nickelson, great-grandchildren; Chesley, Lainey, Saylor, Macy, Kinsler and Aceson, additional children; Santos Gutierrez of Dallas, Becky Lord and husband David of Las Vegas, Luis Leos and wife Beth of Dallas, Amelda Hires and husband Mike of Mesquite, Jesse Leos and wife Patty of Hurst, Gabriel Leos and wife Maggie of Gun Barrel City and David Leos and wife Connie of Gun Barrel City, 31 additional grandchildren, 83 additional great-grandchildren and 5 additional great-great grandchildren, other loving family members and many more lifelong friends.
- Jonathan Monroe and Virginia Evelyn (Poindexter) Southard, Parents
- William Arthur Nickelson, Husband
- Ignacio Leos, Husband
- Kerry Nickelson, Son
- Deryle Nickelson, Son
- Brandy Raburn, Granddaughter
- Lynsey Grissom, Granddaughter
- Brent Nickelson, Grandson
- Carrie Marie Nickelson, Granddaughter
- Chesley, Lainey, Saylor, Macy, Kinsler and Aceson, Great-grandchildren
- Gabriel Leos, Pallbearer
- David Leos, Pallbearer
- Brent Nickelson, Pallbearer
- Will Grissom, Pallbearer
- James Norman, Pallbearer
- Lance Howell, Pallbearer
- Visitation Friday, August 31, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, September 1, 2018
- Graveside Service Saturday, September 1, 2018