Virginia Lee Moss
May 13, 1966 – April 15, 2018
Virginia Lee Moss was born on May 13, 1966 in Millington, TN to parents Kenneth Dean and Vickie (Forshee) Godbey and entered into eternal rest on April 15, 2018 at the age of 51. Those who knew her best knew Virginia as “Lee” or “Mamacita”. She loved being with her family, especially her children and grandchildren. Virginia enjoyed cooking; the two dishes she loved cooking the most were Chicken Spaghetti and Chicken and Dumplings. When she had time she liked to sit down and read a good book, she loved reading Flowers in the Attic. Virginia loved seafood, she loved going to Red Lobster and eating shrimp and lobster, her favorite. She enjoyed going and getting her hair done. Virginia’s favorite color was purple and she loved animals, especially her cats and her grand-dog Poko. She was an amazing and strong woman with a heart of gold and a witty sense of humor, who will be missed tremendously by those who knew and loved her.
Virginia was preceded in death by her parents and sister Lynn Godbey.
She is survived by her husband Randy Merriman of Gun Barrel City, son Danny Moss of Gun Barrel City, daughter Bethany Moss and husband Kody Billings of Garland, step-sons; Cameron Merriman of Gun Barrel City, Colby Merriman and wife Deidra of Etoile and Cain Merriman of Denton, five grandchildren, brother John Dodd and wife Angel of Scurry, aunt Lou Godbey of MO, cousin Tony Godbey of MO, nephew Robert Godbey, wife Erica and their two children of MO, nephew Jesse Banta, wife Tonya and their two children of MO, niece Danielle Dodd and her three children of Mabank, niece Bailey Dodd of Waxahachie, nephew Dakota Dodd of Waxahachie, other loving family members and many more friends. Virginia made it her mission in life to take care of others around her. Whether it was a warm hug, a hot meal, or a roof over your head, she never met a stranger. She loved deeply and fiercely and always made you feel as if you were one of her own.
- Kenneth Dean and Vickie (Forshee) Godbey, Parents
- Lynn Godbey, Sister
- Randy Merriman, Husband
- Danny Moss, Son
- Bethany Moss and Kody Billings, Daughter and husband
- Cameron Merriman, Step-son
- Colby Merriman and Deidra, Step-son and wife
- Cain Merriman, Step-son
- Five beautiful and amazing grandchildren, Grandchildren
- John Dodd and Angel, Brother and wife
- Lou Godbey, Aunt
- Tony Godbey, Cousin
- Robert Godbey and his wife Erica and their two children, Nephew
- Jesse Banta and his wife Tonya and their two children, Nephew
- Danielle Dodd and her three children, Niece
- Bailey Dodd, Niece
- Dakota Dodd, Nephew
- Virginia also leaves behind other loving family members and many more friends.
- Memorial Service Friday, April 27, 2018