Mrs. Virginia Powell
May 24, 1936 – March 11, 2018
Virginia Wayne Barker Powell passed away at the age of 81 on Sunday, March 11, 2018 in Tyler, Texas. She was born May 24, 1936 in Seymour, Texas, to Elmer Wayne Barker and Bessie Lee Mathis Barker. Virginia married Billy Ray Powell May 15, 1954. She is preceded in death by her husband Billy Ray Powell, her parents, Elmer and Bessie Barker, her sister Lillie Mae Tucker and son Michael Dale Hopkins. She is survived by one son, Gary Ray Powell of Kemp, one daughter, Debra Renae Freimuth of Dallas, one granddaughter Camille Renae Lee and her husband Jeremy Lee of Waxahachie, one great-granddaughter Allesandra Lee and great-grandson Dylan Lee, both of Waxahachie, three nieces, one nephew and numerous cousins and friends.
- Billy Ray Powell, Husband
- Elmer and Bessie Barker, Parents
- Michael Dale Hopkins, Son
- Gary Ray Powell, Son
- Debra Renae Freimuth, Daughter
- Camille Renae Lee and Jeremy, Granddaughter and husband
- Allesandra Lee, Great-granddaughter
- Dylan Lee, Great-grandson
- Virginia also leaves behind three nieces, one nephew, numerous cousins and friends.
- Visitation Saturday, March 17, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, March 17, 2018
- Graveside Service Saturday, March 17, 2018
Mrs. Virginia Powell
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
March 17, 2018
So many precious memories, but most of all, I miss our long talks. Just hearing her laugh was so contagious. We would spend hours on the phone and she would thank me for being her therapist then we would laugh so hard! She was such fun to be around and I will miss her. My prayers are with you Gary, Debbie and family!
All my love,
Sara and Joe Guileyardo
March 15, 2018
Too many to share here, but I am blessed with a lifetime of precious memories of my beautiful Aunt Virginia. And when Joe came into our family, she quickly became his favorite new relative. Gary and Debbie, we are praying that you find peace and comfort at this difficult time. Love Sara and Joe