Jean Bryant McBride
July 3, 1935 – July 9, 2021
Alice Jean Bryant McBride, 86, of Madison Heights, passed away Friday, July 9, 2021 at Lynchburg General Hospital. She was the wife of Edwin Lewis “Buzzy” McBride for sixty-six years. Jean loved her family, her church, and caring for others.
Born July 3, 1935 in Nelson County, she was the daughter of the late Acie and Lessie Whorley Bryant. Also, she was preceded in death by two sisters, Hazel Bell and Catherine White and one brother, Acie Bryant. Jean was retired from General Electric and was also a Certified Nursing Assistant. She was a member of Amelon United Methodist Church.
In addition to her husband, Jean, also known as Granny, Grandma, and “Bean”, is survived by two daughters, Stefani M. Martin (Earl) of Madison Heights and Kathy M. “Kate” McBride (David Hantoot) of Richmond; one son, Thomas E. “Tec” McBride of Altavista; five grandchildren, Amanda Bigham (Weston), Jessica Wingfield (Carlton), Rebecca Hantoot (Matthew), Aaron Hantoot, and Edwin T. McBride (Anna Lawhorne) and four great grandchildren, Chase, Trey, Allie, and Lilly. Jean is also survived by her devoted dog, Jack.
A memorial service to celebrate Jean’s life will be held at 2:00 p.m., Saturday, July 17, 2021 at Amelon U.M. Church with Pastor David Edinger officiating.
To send online condolences to the family, please visit www.whittenmonelison.com.
Whitten Funeral Home & Cremation Service, Monelison Chapel is serving the family.
Show your support
- Edwin Lewis "Buzzy" McBride Husband of Sixty-six years
- Acie Bryant Father (deceased)
- Lessie Whorley Bryant Mother (deceased)
- Stefani McBride Martin (Earl) Daughter
- Kathy McBride (David Hantoot) Daughter
- Thomas E. "Tec" McBride Son
- Hazel Bryant Bell Sister (deceased)
- Catherine Bryant White Sister
- Acie Bryant Brother
- Jean is also survived by five grandchildren, Amanda Bigham (Weston), Jessica Wingfield (Carlton), Rebecca Hantoot (Matthew), Aaron Hantoot, and Edwin T. McBride (Anna Lawhorne) and four great grandchildren, Chase, Trey, Allie, and Lilly. Jean is also survived by her devoted dog, Jack.
In Memory Of
Jean Bryant McBride
Help tell the story of your loved one’s unique life. Leave a memory or share a photo below to show your support.