Richard Edward Maddox
June 27, 1935 – March 31, 2021
Richard Edward Maddox, 85, of Monroe, passed away on Wednesday, March 31, 2021. He was the loving husband of Nancy Ballard Maddox.
Born on June 27, 1935 in Campbell County, he was the son of the late Alfred and Elsie Maddox. Richard served our country in the United States Navy and was a farmer.
In addition to his parents, he is preceded in death by a sister, Lois Maddox Coleman; a brother, Donald Ray Maddox; and a son-in-law, David Bernardi.
Richard is survived by his wife, Nancy Maddox; daughters, Debra Maddox Bernardi and Dana Maddox Burruss (Rodney); brother, Nowlin Maddox (Margie); sister, Doris Maddox Morris (Malcolm); and numerous nieces and nephews.
A graveside service will be held at 2 pm on Saturday, April 3, 2021 at Allwood Cemetery.
- Alfred Maddox, Father (deceased)
- Elsie Maddox, Mother (deceased)
- Nancy Ballard Maddox, Wife
- Debra Maddox Bernardi, Daughter
- David Bernardi, Son-in-law (deceased)
- Dana Maddox Burruss (Rodney), Daughter
- Nowlin Maddox (Margie), Brother
- Doris Maddox Morris (Malcolm), Sister
- Lois Maddox Coleman, Sister (deceased)
- Donald Ray Maddox, Brother (deceased)
- Richard is also survived by numerous nieces and nephews.
Saturday, April 3, 2021