Shelby Clark Wood
January 30, 1945 – September 24, 2019
Shelby Clark Wood, 74, of Madison Heights passed away Tuesday, September 24, 2019, at her residence. She was the wife of 58 years to James Dewey Wood. Born January 30, 1945, in Lynchburg, she was the daughter of the late Adeline Clark Tolley.
Shelby was a former seamstress for Madison Garment. She was a loving daughter, wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother.
In addition to her husband, Shelby is survived by her children, Melinda Perdieu and her husband Calvin of Monroe, Michael Wood and his fiancée Michelle Hight of Rustburg and James Wood and his wife Angie of Madison Heights; four grandchildren, April Stinnette and her husband Jimmy, P.J. Perdieu and his fiancée Tiffany Meador, Kaitlyn Wood and Nathan Wood; five great grandchildren, Jake Stinnette, Emily Stinnette, Sarah Stinnette, Logan Perdieu and Lexi Perdieu; and other loving family member and friends.
A funeral service will be conducted 11:00 a.m., Friday, September 27, 2019 at Whitten Monelison Chapel with the Rev. Dave Cash officiating. Interment will follow at Meade Cemetery. There will be no visitation hours at the funeral home.
The family would like to express a special thank you to the nurses of Centra Hospice and her daughter, Melinda for their loving care towards Shelby.
To send online condolences to the family, please visit www.whittenmonelison.com
Whitten Monelison Chapel is serving the family, (434) 929-5712.
- Adeline Clark Tolley, Mother (deceased)
- James Dewey Wood, Husband
- Melinda Perdieu, Daughter
- Calvin Perdieu, Son-in-law
- Michael Wood and his fiancee, Michelle Hight, Son
- James Wood, Son
- Angie Wood, Daughter-in-law
- April Stinnette and her husband, Jimmy, Granddaughter
- P.J. Perdieu and hie fiancee, Tiffany Meador, Grandson
- Kaitlyn Wood, Granddaughter
- Nathan Wood, Grandson
- Jake Stinnette, Great Grandson
- Emily Stinnette, Great Granddaughter
- Sarah Stinnette, Great Granddaughter
- Logan Perdieu, Great Grandson
- Lexi Perdieu, Great Granddaughter
- Shelby is also survived by other loving family members and friends.
- P.J. Perdieu
- James Stinnette
- Jake Stinnette
- Nathan Wood
- Logan Rogers
- Traman Rogers
- Melvin Wright, Jr., Honorary
- Michael Wood, Honorary
- James Wood, Honorary
- Funeral Service Friday, September 27, 2019