September 13, 1928 – April 10, 2019
MARLBORO - Jeannette Goldstein died Wednesday, April 10, 2019. She was 90.
Born in Brooklyn, she resided in Sheepshead Bay before settling in Marlboro 28 years ago.
Jeannette put her family first. She loved to craft, knit and needlepoint. She made sweaters, blankets and hats for all the grandchildren coming home from the hospital and everyone had a special afghan made for them. After her children were grown, she worked at a doctor's office and helped her husband in his dry cleaning business. She was a beloved mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother and will be deeply missed.
She was predeceased by her husband Eugene in 1991; 2 brothers: Max and Joseph.
Surviving are her children: Sharon Kaplan and her husband Warren, Lisa Teitelbaum and her husband Alan, Eric Goldstein and his wife Robin; 9 grandchildren: Michele (Brandon) Pollak, Adam (Melanie) Kaplan, Mara (Noah) Goldberg, Jason Teitelbaum, David Teitelbaum, Jordan Goldstein, Jonathan Goldstein, Justin Goldstein, and Alexandra Goldstein; a great-grandson, Bradley Pollak, and another great-grandson on the way. Her family extends their thanks and appreciation to her caretaker of 10 years, Tsitso, who attended to her every need.
A graveside service will be held under the direction of Bloomfield-Cooper Jewish Chapels on Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 11:30AM at Old Montefiore Cemetery, St. Albans, NY. Interment will immediately follow.
Memorial contributions may be made in Jeannette's name to Temple Beth Shalom, Manalapan, NJ.
For more information, or to post a tribute online, please visit www.bloomfieldecoopermanalapan.com.
- Sharon (Warren) Kaplan, Daughter
- Lisa (Alan) Teitelbaum, Daughter
- Eric (Robin) Goldstein, Son
- Michele (Brandon) Pollak, Granddaughter
- Adam (Melanie) Kaplan, Grandson
- Mara (Noah) Goldberg, Granddaughter
- Jason Teitelbaum, Grandson
- David Teitelbaum, Grandson
- Jordan Goldstein, Grandson
- Jonathan Goldstein, Grandson
- Justin Goldstein, Grandson
- Alexandra Goldstein, Granddaughter
- Bradley Pollak, Great Grandson
- Temple Beth Shalom
- Graveside Service Sunday, April 14, 2019
- Shiva Sunday, April 14, 2019
- Shiva Monday, April 15, 2019
- Shiva Tuesday, April 16, 2019
- Shiva Wednesday, April 17, 2019
- Shiva Thursday, April 18, 2019
April 19, 2019
Dear Sharon and family,
Just found out about your mom. I am so sorry about your loss. I just remember how stunning I always thought she was.
Beth and Lou Lozitsky