June 30, 1921 – December 4, 2018
Ruth Barry, age 97, of Marlboro, New Jersey passed away on Tuesday, December 4, 2018. She was born June 30, 1921 in Bronx, New York.
Mrs. Barry was preceded in death by her husband Bernard in 1996.
She is survived by her son Arthur Barry and his wife Cynthia; daughter Helene Grynberg and her husband Daniel; brother Lester Rothman; granddaughter Danielle Barry, granddaughter Amy Hope Grynberg and grandson Michael R. Grynberg.
A funeral service will be held Sunday, December 9, 2018 at 11:00 AM at Bloomfield-Cooper Jewish Chapels, 44 Wilson Avenue, Manalapan, New Jersey 07726 followed by a burial at Mount Hebron Cemetery, Horace Harding Expressway, Flushing, New York 11367.
The Period of Mourning will be observed at the late residence as follows: Sunday after the burial, Monday through Thursday: 1-5 pm, 7-9 pm, and Friday: 1-5pm.
Donations in her memory may be made to Women's American ORT www.ortamerica.org.
- Arthur (Cynthia) Barry, Son
- Helene (Daniel) Grynberg, Daughter
- Lester Rothman, Brother
- Danielle Barry, Granddaughter
- Amy Hope Grynberg, Granddaughter
- Michael R. Grynberg, Grandson
- Women's American ORT
- Funeral Service Sunday, December 9, 2018
- Burial Sunday, December 9, 2018
- Shiva Sunday, December 9, 2018
- Shiva Monday, December 10, 2018
- Shiva Tuesday, December 11, 2018
- Shiva Wednesday, December 12, 2018
- Shiva Thursday, December 13, 2018
- Shiva Friday, December 14, 2018
- Minyan Monday, December 10, 2018
- Minyan Tuesday, December 11, 2018
- Minyan Wednesday, December 12, 2018
- Minyan Thursday, December 13, 2018
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
December 15, 2018
My grandmother Ruth was a very important, special person and I look to keep her memory living on forever. She was funny, light-hearted, posied, and had a good head on her shoulders. She was loved by many as she would always surround herself with those she loved - friends, family and members of the community. She would take part in many events such as attending the shows/events at her clubhouse and organizing bus trips to Atlantic City. I miss her very much and miss being able to call her each and every day. Ruth Barry I love you.
December 7, 2018
I will miss my dear Aunt Ruth... a vibrant, stunning, and amazing woman! With love and my deepest sympathies to the entire family.