April 5, 1947 – March 7, 2018
Gerard R. Caruso, 70 of Lakewood, NJ, passed away on Wednesday March 7, 2018, at his home with his family by his side. Born in Staten Island, NY, Jerry lived in Jackson for forty years, Manchester and Whiting, before moving to Lakewood 5 months ago. Jerry was a proud veteran of the United States Army, and served in the Vietnam War. He worked as a chemical operator for MG Industries in Linden for 40 years retiring in 2001. Jerry had recently joined the Men’s Club in Lions Head Woods in Lakewood, enjoyed traveling and wintered in Las Vegas.
Jerry is survived by his wife of 49 years, Maureen (Harrington) Caruso, his three children Deidre Caruso and her fiancée Edward Torrone of Bayville, NJ, Danielle Piccione and her husband Patrick of Brick, NJ and Joseph Caruso of Seaside, NJ, his grandchildren Armere Caruso, Jebrill Genovese, Alyssa Genovese, Nicole Genovese, Michelle Piccione, Ryan Piccione, Dylan Caruso, Isaiah Caruso and Sofia Caruso. He is also survived by his sister Jackie Podeswa and her husband Robert of Wallingford, CT and his brother in law Art Harrington.
Family and friend are invited to the visitation on Monday March 12, 2018 from 3-8 pm at the Anderson & Campbell Funeral Home, 3010 Ridgeway Road, Manchester, NJ 08759. Services to begin on Tuesday March 13, 2018 at 9:30 am at the funeral home, with a Funeral Service with Military Honors will take place in the chapel at 11:30 am in the New Jersey Veteran Memorial Cemetery, 350 Provinceline Road, Wrightstown, NJ 08562.
- Maureen Caruso, Wife
- Deidre Caruso, Daughter
- Danielle Piccione, Daughter
- Joseph Caruso, Son
- Edward Torrone, Other
- Patrick Piccione, Son-in-law
- Jackie Podeswa, Sister
- Robert Podeswa, Brother-in-law
- Art Harrington, Brother-in-law
- Gerry is also survived by his loving grandchildren; Armere Caruso, Jebrill Genovese, Alyssa Genovese, Nicole Genovese, Michelle Piccione, Ryan Piccione, Dylan Caruso, Isaiah Caruso and Sofia Caruso.
- Visitation Monday, March 12, 2018
- Visitation Tuesday, March 13, 2018
- Chapel Service with Military Honors Tuesday, March 13, 2018
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY