Loyal K. Pursifull
January 24, 1928 – September 2, 2021
Loyal K. Pursifull, 93 of Markle passed away on Thursday, September 2, 2021 at Bluffton Regional Medical Center. Loyal was a 1946 graduate of West Rock Creek High School. He had worked as a truck driver for 30 years driving for W.T. Grant and Kmart. He retired from International Cartage in 1985. He was a member of Turnpointe Community Brethren Church, Markle Historical Society, Markle Fish & Game Club and National Rifle Association. Loyal loved to hunt, fish and garden and also enjoyed playing dominoes, doing puzzles and playing euchre and was an avid IU basketball fan. He was a people person who never knew a stranger.
He was born on January 24, 1928 in Wells County, the son of the late Doyle C. and Pearl F. (Minnick) Pursifull, Sr.
He was united in marriage to Betty Carney on February 14, 1950 in Markle. Betty preceded him in death on September 20, 2013.
Survivors include two sons: Patrick (Vonell) Pursifull of Ossian, Michael (Deb) Pursifull of Ossian; three daughters: Tonya (Shawn) Hainzelsperger of Shell Lake, WI, Barbara (Rod) Conwell of Huntington, Carla Devlin of Daytona Beach, FL; two brothers: Jim Pursifull of St. Peters, MN, Vern (Martha) Pursifull of Huntington; five grandchildren and nine great grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a granddaughter: Amber Pursifull, two brothers: Doyle Pursifull, Jr., Carl Pursifull and two sisters: Geraldine Scher and Barbara Scarborough. Visitation will be held on Wednesday, September 8, 2021 from 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm at the Myers Funeral Home Markle Chapel, 415 N. Lee Street, Markle, Indiana. We will be following the CDC’s and Indiana’s guidelines.
Funeral service will be held on Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 11:00 am with one hour of visitation prior to the service at Turnpointe Community Brethren Church, 500 W. Logan Street, Markle, Indiana.
Interment will take place at the Markle Cemetery in Markle.
Memorial donations can be made out to Turnpointe Community Brethren Church or Markle Fish & Game Club both in care of Myers Funeral Home, P.O. Box 403, Markle, IN 46770.
Show your support
- Patrick and Vonell Pursifull Son and Daughter-in-law
- Michael and Deb Pursifull Son and Daughter-in-law
- Tonya and Shawn Hainzelsperger Daughter and Son-in-law
- Barbara and Rod Conwell Daughter and Son-in-law
- Carla Devlin Daughter
- Jim Pursifull Brother
- Vern and Martha Pursifull Brother and Sister-in-law
- Betty (Carney) Pursifull Wife (deceased)
- Doyle and Pearl (Minnick) Pursifull, Sr. Parents (deceased)
- Amber Pursifull Granddaughter (deceased)
- Doyle Pursifull, Jr. Brother (deceased)
- Carl Pursifull Brother (deceased)
- Geraldine Scher Sister (deceased)
- Barbara Scarborough Sister (deceased)
- Five grandchildren and nine great grandchildren
- Turnpointe Community Brethren Church
- Markle Fish & Game Club
In Memory Of
Loyal K. Pursifull
Help tell the story of your loved one’s unique life. Leave a memory or share a photo below to show your support.