Carl "Fluffo" Baldo Balducci
September 13, 1930 – January 7, 2020
Carl Baldo (Fluffo) Balducci, age 89, of Mechanicsville, Virginia, passed into God's loving arms peacefully on Tuesday, January 7, 2020. He was preceded in death by siblings Albertina Francioni, Rina Ball, Elda Corso, Umberto Balducci, Elfo Balducci, Celia Stepanian, Giotto Balducci, Vienna Loving, Bianca Moore, and Rino Balducci.
He is survived by his devoted wife Myrna, faithful daughter Renee Lacy, granddaughter Lara (Bill) and great-grandchildren Julianna and William, close sister Aida Balducci Keller, and twenty-four caring nieces and nephews, extended family, and countless friends.
Born in 1930, Carl was the youngest of twelve children. Overcoming a number of impediments in life, he enjoyed a long, successful career in the field of engineering and in real estate investment. Known for his intelligence, photographic memory, direct style, and ability to assess people, Carl often evoked and aggrandized seemingly irrelevant events, changing them into long, spellbinding stories. Those closest to this wonder of God valued time with him and will miss him.
The family will receive friends one hour prior to the Funeral Mass at the Church of the Redeemer, 8275 Meadowbridge Rd, Mechanicsville, Virginia. Mass will begin at 10:30 a.m. on February 5, 2020. Carl's ashes will be interred with his mother and father at Holy Cross Cemetery, 1st Avenue, Richmond, Virginia, at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Giuseppi Verdi Lodge in Mechanicsville, Virginia.
- Albertina Francioni, Sister (deceased)
- Rina Ball, Sister (deceased)
- Elda Corso, Sister (deceased)
- Umberto Balducci, Brother (deceased)
- Elfo Balducci, Brother (deceased)
- Celia Stepanian, Sister (deceased)
- Giotto Balducci, Brother (deceased)
- Vienna Loving, Sister (deceased)
- Bianca Moore, Sister (deceased)
- Rino Balducci, Brother (deceased)
- Myrna Balducci, Wife
- Renee Lacy, Faithful Daughter
- Lara, Granddaughter
- Julianna, Great Granddaughter
- William, Great Grandson
- Aida Balducci Keller, Close Sister
- Guiseppe Verde Lodge
- Funeral Mass at Church of the Redeemer Wednesday, February 5, 2020
IN THE CARE OF