Betty A. Hickey
July 13, 1929 – July 8, 2018
Betty A. Hickey, 88, of Southaven, Mississippi passed away July 8, 2018. Mrs. Hickey was a loving wife, mother and grandmother. She worked for General Motors for many years, later working for General Truck Sales before her retirement. She was a member of Graceland Christian Church in Southaven. She was preceded in death by her parents, Jimmy Charles Stokes and Edith Lenore Abel Stokes and by her husband of 64 years, Eugene F. Hickey. She is survived by a son Doug, and his wife Linda and grandson Jason of Cave Creek, Arizona; by two nieces, Bobbie Geater and her husband Paul and by Dianne Greer and her husband Butch; by a nephew, William H. Stokes, Jr. and his wife Anita; as well as many great nieces and nephews. The family will receive friends on Saturday July 14, 2018 beginning at 12:30 P.M. and will continue until service time. Funeral services will be held at 2 P.M. all at Graceland Christian Church, 2126 E. Stateline Road, Southaven, MS 38671. In lieu of flowers, gifts in memory of Mrs. Hickey may be offered to Graceland Christian Church.
- Doug Hickey (Linda), Son
- Jason Hickey, Grandson
- Bobbie Geater (Paul), Niece
- Dianne Greer (Butch), Niece
- William H. Stokes, Jr. (Anita), Nephew
- She was preceded in death by her parents, Jimmy Charles Stokes and Edith Lenore Abel Stokes and by her husband of 64 years, Eugene F. Hickey. She also leaves many great nieces and nephews.
- Graceland Christian Church
- Visitation Saturday, July 14, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, July 14, 2018
- Committal Service Monday, July 16, 2018
Betty A. Hickey
July 12, 2018
I met "Miss Betty" as a young man just out of the Army in 1973, when I started work at General Truck Sales. Always laughing, and very pleasant to people around her, she helped train me and many others about the proper way to follow the systems there. She was always teaching or training someone.
She helped prepare me for my career there, and I have always remembered her for that.
Doug, and Bobbie, you and your families , had a treasure in her. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.