Cornelius Aller Sherman, II
December 30, 1939 – January 26, 2019
Reverend Cornelius Aller Sherman, II, 79, passed away January 26, 2019. He retired from the United States Navy (CWO-4) with more than thirty years of service. Later he received his Master’s Degree in Divinity from Memphis Theological Seminary and served as pastor of Sumner Presbyterian Church in Sumner, MS and of Providence Presbyterian in Southaven, MS. He was an honorably retired pastor of the Presbytery of the Mid-South.
Mr. Sherman was a member of the Germantown Rotary Club and served on the design and review committee of Germantown. He was a volunteer chaplain at Germantown Methodist Hospital and was parish associate at Farmington Presbyterian.
He was preceded in death by a son, Terrie Knight and a grandson, Justin Davis. He is survived by his wife of 45 years, Patricia Sherman; daughters, Sherry Knight and Julie (Bob) Fournier; sons, David (Cindy) Sherman, Michael (Brenda) Sherman and Paul (Sherry) Sherman.
Grandchildren: Kristan (John) Perkins, Danny Davis, Jr., Chelsea (Benjamin) Kalember, Noah Fournier, Isaac Fournier, Luke Fournier, Juliet Fournier, Jack Fournier, Matthew (Nikki) Sherman, Sean Sherman, Stephanie Sherman, Elizabeth Rufener, Brandon Cremins, Bonnie Sherman, Elizabeth Sherman, Roger Sherman, William Sherman, Meryem Sherman, Elara Sherman, Ansel Sherman, Samuel Saulsbury, Luke Saulsbury, Jack Saulsbury and ten great-grandchildren.
Two sisters: Barbara (Skeet) May and Deborah Higgens and one brother, Robert Sherman. Funeral services will be held Sunday, February 3, 2019 at 2 p.m. at Farmington Presbyterian Church, 8245 Farmington Blvd., Germantown, Tennessee 38139. A reception will follow from 3-5 p.m.
Interment will be at West Tennessee Veterans Cemetery on Monday, February 4, 2019 at 9:30 a.m.
In lieu of flowers, donations in memory of Reverend Sherman, may be offered to Farmington Presbyterian Church.
- Patricia Sherman, Wife
- Sherry Knight, Daughter
- Julie Fournier (Bob), Daughter
- David Sherman (Cindy), Son
- Michael Sherman (Brenda), Son
- Paul Sherman (Sherry), Son
- Kristan Perkins (John), Grandchild
- Danny Davis, Jr., Grandchild
- Chelsea Kalember (Benjamin), Grandchild
- Noah Fournier, Grandchild
- Isaac Fournier, Grandchild
- Luke Fournier, Grandchild
- Juliet Fournier, Grandchild
- Jack Fournier, Grandchild
- Matthew Sherman (Nikki), Grandchild
- Sean Sherman, Grandchild
- Stephanie Sherman, Grandchild
- Elizabeth Rufener, Grandchild
- Brandon Cremins, Grandchild
- Bonnie Sherman, Grandchild
- Elizabeth Sherman, Grandchild
- Roger Sherman, Grandchild
- William Sherman, Grandchild
- Meryem Sherman, Grandchild
- Elara Sherman, Grandchild
- Ansel Sherman, Grandchild
- Samuel Saulsbury, Grandchild
- Luke Saulsbury, Grandchild
- Jack Saulsbury, Grandchild
- Ten (10), Graet-grandchildren
- Barbara May (Skeet), Sister
- Deborah Higgens, Sister
- Robert Sherman, Brother
- He was preceded in death by a son, Terrie Knight and a grandson, Justin Davis.
- Farmington Presbyterian Church
- Funeral Service Sunday, February 3, 2019
- Gathering of Friends and Family Sunday, February 3, 2019
- Committal Service Monday, February 4, 2019
Cornelius Aller Sherman, II
February 3, 2019
Aunt Pat and family,
I'm so sorry for your loss. Uncle Neil was a man of honor and respect. He was a great example to us all. He will be greatly missed! One of the greats! Your love for one another was also inspiring. May you find peace in knowing how much he loved you. He will always be with us. Until we meet again Uncle Neil. May you rest in peace with the glory of God.
Steve, Tami & Kids
January 29, 2019
Pat and family. so sorry for your loss, I had just reconnected with him last week, Sarah and I were planning on visiting next time we were in area. I will still do that. I remember he was with me when Sarah and I met 43 yrs ago. Again our condolences. Fair Winds and Following Seas shipmate.